Geofilter not working on Xbox Series X w. Warzone / COD MW3 [XR1000]

I haven't been able to connect to non-local servers outside of AU using Geo Filter for several months now. I've tried the standard "Remove Device from GeoFilter" and hard reset etc. etc. I can see the servers e.g. in the US, but the it only connects to the local servers.

Is there a work around to get this fixed? 

• Administrators

Do keep in mind the purpose of the Geo-Filter is to allow you to get closer servers, not ones further away. 

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when you're getting a game locally please?

See attached. 

It was working fine all the way from WZ1 to the about the Jan this year. I get that you’re trying to ping the closest server or reduce ping but one of the elements of trying to play in OZ is a limited player base so it gets pinged to the US in most case but pushes to the EC where ping is north of 290. If I push to OZ servers only, it takes forever to find a game. 

IMG_4785.thumb.png.65b5cdfdb423d2dc6c1a5fa60eff8d98.png

• Administrators

You'll definitely need Ping Assist to be set to 0 if you want to force servers. Then in other circumstances it looks like you've allowed servers which account for the other servers outside your radius being allowed. Remove those and then it should work better.

• Administrators

Okay so that's an allowed server, either by you or us, can you click on it and see if the ID is in your allow list please? If not please provide the ID and we can check whether it should be whitelisted or not.

just got the router. normally my server is amsterdam but when i set location to somewhere else like usa its still connects out of radius on amsterdam?

dumaos 4.0.236

• Administrators
2 hours ago, pdoidy30 said:

It’s not in the allow list. Still can’t connect to the US servers? What is going on ?

Can you provide us with the ID please? That would mean it's been whitelisted and so may be impossible to get a game outside until we remove that.

8 minutes ago, vandijk84 said:

just got the router. normally my server is amsterdam but when i set location to somewhere else like usa its still connects out of radius on amsterdam?

dumaos 4.0.236

Please make a new topic and provide a screenshot of what you see when that happens.

It seems like Activision has addes bunch of new servers. Geofilter is not really usefull since the Beta. It will need an update of the server ip´s.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, Tony23 said:

Please sooner than later, I am missing the Geofence and the 3rd party software solutions are all crap.

It should still be working - what issue are you having exactly with it?

It just does not work... look below screenshots. I am connecting to NL and GER servers even though I "fenced" UK only.

Troubleshooted as follows:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option -> even tried game specific preset for COD.
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

2.thumb.jpg.d421607b0af9b4e8be8a2126751bd1c3.jpg1.thumb.jpg.6ff07297eda7fe79a122a9c71aa36d3a.jpg

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Tony23 said:

It just does not work... look below screenshots. I am connecting to NL and GER servers even though I "fenced" UK only.

Troubleshooted as follows:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option -> even tried game specific preset for COD.
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

There is a server likely outside your radius that is being connected to but not visible when fully zoomed in. You are on an older version also so upgrade first. 

Also: 

• Disable GeoLatency
  • Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
  • Enable Strict Mode
  • Disable Fast Search
  • Use Simple instead of Custom radius

Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work better then.