R3 review worth a read from a very experienced and knowledgable reviewer of network equipment.

Killhippie

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 6:33 PM, Nj12 said:

Very bias review, he's likely on the payroll of Asus.

Try looking at the rest of his reviews, very honest and  not biased to any router manufacturer at all after all he has been around for a very long time.  

• 1 month later...

Also making a router with enough memory to handle its features would really help, cheapening out and changing names of features like WMM which every Wi-Fi router has isnt fooling anyone. People are moving on either to wifi 6E or 7 and this isn't even a wave 1 Wi-Fi 6 router. Not enough memory, not much flash ram and no proper OEM Wi-Fi drivers, just WRT ones that don't work well. This is why the router keeps having issues its cheaply made that's fine but don't cheap out on the internal hardware, most routers have 1GB ram, how much does the R3 256mb? Its just not enough with bloated code that needs more ram to function. Sorry but that's just my opinion. A memory leak on a R3 would sink the router in no time, and has! Thats why the GUI comes to a halt as memory issues freeze the router, also it should not keep needing to be rebooted, mine gets a reboot maybe every 3 months, and the ones at work I manage don't need one at all until we do a lift and shift of gear to the cloud. More money where it counts would have helped the R2 and R3 and not trying to make it look like a crab with collapsing antenna might have helped its cooling too.