NEW R3 FIRMWARE - 4.0.236

• Administrators
6 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

I've been using HVPN with auto for congestion control since 236 came out and had no issues. Switching to always on made experience sudden ping increase after which access to router is slow and requires a reboot. 

Also, with always on, bufferbloat tests takes long to initialize and sometimes just stops just before upload tests start. Changing it back to auto makes everything work properly. 

I'll keep monitoring but there is something wrong with the always on setting to me that makes the router go into this super slow and laggy mode. I just gamed 3 hours with auto and HVPN and I didn't experience any issues. 

Is that with speed test bypass enabled or disabled? How is it with Always and without HVPN though?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with speed test bypass enabled or disabled? How is it with Always and without HVPN though?

All my tests are based on speed test bypass disabled. With always on, I have had no issues as well. The only reason I used HVPN and apply it to only COD packets is because my ISP routing to Australia servers is inconsistent. Sometimes I get ok ping, sometimes it jumps to 200ms. With HVPN Wireguard set to Australia config file applied only to COD packets, Auto works as intended. Always on will crap itself out after a few games and ping will jump up to 200ms which is unplayable. This is when the DumaOS router UI will have trouble loading and I need to reboot the router. Whether HVPN is the reason that the router craps itself out with Always on congestion control, I am not sure. It could be but I never tried running Always on without HVPN.

I have been playing last night as well for around 2 hours with HVPN with Auto congestion control and I have had 0 issues. Every game was good and ping was around 93ms.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

On efootball it stabilizes the ping on the Milan server but there is no ping graph. This ping graph never works.

Did you factory reset after the update to this version as it should have improved overall

15 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

All my tests are based on speed test bypass disabled. With always on, I have had no issues as well. The only reason I used HVPN and apply it to only COD packets is because my ISP routing to Australia servers is inconsistent. Sometimes I get ok ping, sometimes it jumps to 200ms. With HVPN Wireguard set to Australia config file applied only to COD packets, Auto works as intended. Always on will crap itself out after a few games and ping will jump up to 200ms which is unplayable. This is when the DumaOS router UI will have trouble loading and I need to reboot the router. Whether HVPN is the reason that the router craps itself out with Always on congestion control, I am not sure. It could be but I never tried running Always on without HVPN.

I have been playing last night as well for around 2 hours with HVPN with Auto congestion control and I have had 0 issues. Every game was good and ping was around 93ms.

I think it probably is as we do know there are improvements to be made with HVPN working better with other features but that's good to know!

Hi Fraser and Alex, the problem is the DHCP mode which does not show the steady ping graph without and with VPN. In PPPOE mode the graph works without VPN and with VPN it loses ping synchronization for a few seconds and starts again immediately. I didn't do any R3 reset after update 4.0.236 (Installed the early access and twice the official one but the problem was waveform bufferbloat which didn't work for a few days). What do you recommend me to do or do you have to make other changes to the hybrid VPN?

I haven't done any rest on Netduma R3.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, euphidra said:

Hi Fraser and Alex, the problem is the DHCP mode which does not show the steady ping graph without and with VPN. In PPPOE mode the graph works without VPN and with VPN it loses ping synchronization for a few seconds and starts again immediately. I didn't do any R3 reset after update 4.0.236 (Installed the early access and twice the official one but the problem was waveform bufferbloat which didn't work for a few days). What do you recommend me to do or do you have to make other changes to the hybrid VPN?

I haven't done any rest on Netduma R3.

I responded to you here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/56065-early-access-firmware-r3-dumaos-40236-ipv6-and-steady-ping-fixes/?do=findComment&comment=418292

Just my two cents, this firmware is really good. Geo filter consistently working, not finding servers out side of range. No weird issues. Running for over a week now without needing to reboot.

Good work guys.

Screenshot_2024-07-21-12-17-56-43_761b0cdd57abd3e0de11ef17aa980e80.jpg

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Lyuboosik said:

Just my two cents, this firmware is really good. Geo filter consistently working, not finding servers out side of range. No weird issues. Running for over a week now without needing to reboot.

Good work guys.

Great to hear that, thanks for your feedback!

This R3 router is not top of the line. Too many problems. The VPN not working well with PPPOE mode. DHCP mode on eFootball the graph that works in PPPOE does not appear. If you deactivate the VPN you have to restart the router because the speeds are low in PPPOE but after restarting it works with the VPN turned off even the PS5 tests are high. Fix these problems or I'll have to change routers.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, euphidra said:

This R3 router is not top of the line. Too many problems. The VPN not working well with PPPOE mode. DHCP mode on eFootball the graph that works in PPPOE does not appear. If you deactivate the VPN you have to restart the router because the speeds are low in PPPOE but after restarting it works with the VPN turned off even the PS5 tests are high. Fix these problems or I'll have to change routers.

No need to repeat yourself and tell us to fix it, the team are always working to fix reported issues.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Ishmam7 said:

The file does not appear to be there anymore

It's still there in the first post, you have to be logged in to download

On 09/07/2024 at 17:31, Zli said:

.Ce firmware est tellement bon que je ne peux pas arrêter de jouer à COD. Merci ! Bon travail !!

Salut, tu as fais quoi comme réglage, moi c'est injouable. 

1 hour ago, Ironjohn said:

Salut, tu as fais quoi comme réglage, moi c'est injouable. 

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/53537-my-settings-for-good-hit-detection-mw3/page/7/#comment-419216

Go to page 6 and 7 where I left comments.

You need to try different things and explore something you haven't already with R3 until you find what is ok for you. R3 has great potential.

I got C and  D on the Bufferbloat test. And the hits in COD are never better. Very bizarre. My Smartboost is turned off

For now, R3 works great for me. when R3 starts causing some problems and lagging in the game, I will do a hard reset and everything will be ok again. I noticed that when a hard reset is done 2x a month, the R3 works very well. I have a feeling every 15 days that something strange happens inside R3. It's not a problem for me to do the settings again from the start. I'm familiar with R3 and it takes me 5 minutes to set everything up again as it suits me.

I note again. What works for one may not work for another, but it's worth trying.

The latest thing I did on page 7 was to turn Smartboost off completely and I'm happy with the results of the game. I don't know when was the last time I had less than 30 kills at the end of the game.

Whatever adjustment you make, don't expect Magic in 15 minutes. You have to give R3 a chance for at least one day and play like that and then see if it's good for you or not.

Be patient with R3 and try different settings and experiments until you are completely satisfied with R3. I tried many different settings. I don't know what else to tell you. 🙋🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

Even with the smart boost, ping optimizer and geo filter on I can never play my games without lag until last night when I was downloading a game for the kids on the PlayStation and I was playing call of duty at the same time. My game ran perfectly. so smart boost is definitely missing something because the download was recognized as a file sharing, which is somewhere in the middle of my prioritization. I even tested without the games like Fortnite rocket league and FIFA and they all played smooth for the first time ever and as soon as the download was completed, my game started lagging again so what could be the issue?

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, J3Ss said:

Even with the smart boost, ping optimizer and geo filter on I can never play my games without lag until last night when I was downloading a game for the kids on the PlayStation and I was playing call of duty at the same time. My game ran perfectly. so smart boost is definitely missing something because the download was recognized as a file sharing, which is somewhere in the middle of my prioritization. I even tested without the games like Fortnite rocket league and FIFA and they all played smooth for the first time ever and as soon as the download was completed, my game started lagging again so what could be the issue?

I'd suggest making a new topic with the settings you're using and the average ping you're seeing etc and we can help

why is the download unavailable at present? You need to log in to download. I see now and feel like that is kind of unnecessary requirement. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Jinxer85 said:

why is the download unavailable at present? You need to log in to download. I see now and feel like that is kind of unnecessary requirement. 

It's a default forum software setting, not something we have specifically specified

It appears with this firmware update my speed degrades over time.  This has happened 4 times now.. Over the course of 4 or 5 days the speeds go from around 850-900Mbps Down and 300 Mpbs Up ... Down to 200Mbps down and 50Mbps Up.. Prior to this update this really wasnt happening. I know ISP can have issues sometimes but I never had any like this prior.. Ever since the update I have to reboot the router every 5 days or so.. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, exodus1337 said:

It appears with this firmware update my speed degrades over time.  This has happened 4 times now.. Over the course of 4 or 5 days the speeds go from around 850-900Mbps Down and 300 Mpbs Up ... Down to 200Mbps down and 50Mbps Up.. Prior to this update this really wasnt happening. I know ISP can have issues sometimes but I never had any like this prior.. Ever since the update I have to reboot the router every 5 days or so.. 

It is something we're looking into - where are you seeing this on the router speed test or third party tests or both?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is something we're looking into - where are you seeing this on the router speed test or third party tests or both?

Both, appreciate you guys!