NEW R3 FIRMWARE - 4.0.219

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

Hi Fraser and Alex, we need to fix steady ping with the VPN. The graph doesn't appear (I don't know if it should appear) but it stabilizes and then loses synchronization by writing wait to host (it always does). In game everything is ok but before with the previous firmware it didn't happen.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R3 is connected to/how is it connected to get internet?

It's connected to the internet Via PPPOE. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, euphidra said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

Hi Fraser and Alex, we need to fix steady ping with the VPN. The graph doesn't appear (I don't know if it should appear) but it stabilizes and then loses synchronization by writing wait to host (it always does). In game everything is ok but before with the previous firmware it didn't happen.

We're aware of that and looking into it

53 minutes ago, ExcellentZERO said:

It's connected to the internet Via PPPOE. 

It might be due to the PPPoE, if you have another router handle PPPoE instead of the R3 then check with UPnP does it work then?

By connected to the internet do you mean through a box on the wall/ONT?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It might be due to the PPPoE, if you have another router handle PPPoE instead of the R3 then check with UPnP does it work then?

By connected to the internet do you mean through a box on the 

I will try using another router and see if UpnP works.

It's connected to our ISP through information given by my ISP. that connects to their station via well an "antenna" as they would describe it.

Screenshot_20240602-211036.jpg

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, ExcellentZERO said:

I will try using another router and see if UpnP works.

It's connected to our ISP through information given by my ISP. that connects to their station via well an "antenna" as they would describe it.

Okay thanks keep us posted!

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

By connected to the internet do you mean through a box on the wall/ONT?

Ok. Thank you. @Netduma Fraser

On 6/2/2024 at 7:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you clarify, 100% worse in what sense? Ping, Jitter, Spikes etc?

There are no ping spikes, no high ping, sometimes EA FC is recognized as Battlefield in the Geo-Filter, I have already tested all possible settings, it seems that my player has a ton

On 6/1/2024 at 6:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do this? Then restart game or wait 10 minutes (in the lobby in the game). If that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and it should work then. As that is important - you have to make sure the Geo-Filter is enabled before you launch the game/console.

I'm experiencing it still. Do I need GeoFitler and its Ui on my left screen the whole time? Lake City is not 4ms from me and the in game ping is 80ms (which seems true)?

I've waited a few days to reply as I've not played for a few days, so restarted a few times game and PC etc

image.png.cb3e3b29e5b9bbc7e0ed3f8beabb1d95.pngimage.thumb.png.07cd8d68c8572ca48d7fe3d35e831256.png

I edited my previous post as you posted with the extra screenshot, I had geo-latency disabled.

You expect me to block any incoming server that's high latency? Are you kidding? Isn't that the point of buying the software for this router, that it auto-excludes it?

@DARKNESStagging you now as quote doesn't seem to work for me atm - thanks!

• Administrators
15 hours ago, robsondug said:

There are no ping spikes, no high ping, sometimes EA FC is recognized as Battlefield in the Geo-Filter, I have already tested all possible settings, it seems that my player has a ton

That's very hard then from a networking perspective then to troubleshoot as there is nothing to go off. May be worth trying to force servers slightly further away and see if they play better even if they have a higher ping.

14 hours ago, paganister said:

I'm experiencing it still. Do I need GeoFitler and its Ui on my left screen the whole time? Lake City is not 4ms from me and the in game ping is 80ms (which seems true)?

I've waited a few days to reply as I've not played for a few days, so restarted a few times game and PC etc

No you don't need to leave it on the entire time. If you zoom out fully on the map can you see any server on the map in that scenario?

On 6/1/2024 at 2:34 PM, paganister said:

Hmm it still seems to happen. And the ping is definitely wrong here too as it's definitely not 4ms to me to New York lol (it's 75 ms in game)

P.s. let me know if I should make a new topic to troubleshoot

image.thumb.png.2fbfae102a23c408139e24889ae2bd5e.png

You have server in London. Why not limit just to that server?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's very hard then from a networking perspective then to troubleshoot as there is nothing to go off. May be worth trying to force servers slightly further away and see if they play better even if they have a higher ping.

No you don't need to leave it on the entire time. If you zoom out fully on the map can you see any server on the map in that scenario?

Will get back to you when I play / experience this again, bare with me. 😊

37 minutes ago, sw3ar said:

You have server in London. Why not limit just to that server?

It significantly reduces the number of games I find as a lot of servers are in EU. To be fair, on that point, I could limit to just a few servers if it allows me, but would rather it dynamically work it out properly like it's supposed to. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Damiano Calafiore said:

@Netduma Fraser utilizzando r3 non funziona ipv6 ,ho provato altri router è ok !!utilizzo connessione ppooe in vlan !filtro ipv6 disabilitato ,il mio gestore è nativo ipv6!

We will be doing more work on IPv6, not to worry

12 minutes ago, Movement said:

I wanted to find out why the ping in the application after stabilization is 20/21 and in the game it is 26/27

Most likely processing delay, the game usually shows a bit higher than what you'll see on the Geo-Filter due to this

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely processing delay, the game usually shows a bit higher than what you'll see on the Geo-Filter due to this

In previous software, I didn’t see something like that but it's like this throughout the entire match different on app and different on game mate

Good evening, I received my netduma R3 today. Very fast delivery however it has already been opened and the cardboard is slightly torn. considering the price, I'm disappointed. It is unacceptable to receive a product that has already been used. Currently in version 4.0.20, I cannot update it. Additionally when I define my connection radius, it will connect outside and yet I have deactivated geo latency, ping assist at 0 and strict mode. Thanks for your help.

IMG_0103.jpeg

Just got the email saying about this firmware, I boxed my r3 back up after the second revision only the beta firmware, still restarting everyday, ping was higher than my Asus router etc.

So are those things actually fixed?

The upnp relay is neat, no matter what I did before it would always show strict Nat even though my Asus router behind it had all ports forwarded for my games and even done the same on the r3 and had the same issue.

Hopefully this fixes it or I've got a expensive box with a router in... but a lesson learned otherwise 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Movement said:

In previous software, I didn’t see something like that but it's like this throughout the entire match different on app and different on game mate

Yeah that makes sense, processing delay is apart of every game but they don't always choose to show it in their ping calculation. Generally CoD did used to do this for every server but it appears they're reducing that so you may encounter some servers where it appears higher in game or some where the ping is exactly the same. 

If the ping in game is over 30 ms higher than the Geo ping then the server is under load and you'll have a better experience with another server.

49 minutes ago, ChtiMi of 13 said:

Good evening, I received my netduma R3 today. Very fast delivery however it has already been opened and the cardboard is slightly torn. considering the price, I'm disappointed. It is unacceptable to receive a product that has already been used. Currently in version 4.0.20, I cannot update it. Additionally when I define my connection radius, it will connect outside and yet I have deactivated geo latency, ping assist at 0 and strict mode. Thanks for your help.

It won't be a used router - we open it to apply the firmware to it but we always take great care when doing so. However, if that's the case then it is likely customs have opened it.

What happens when you try to update it exactly? After you upgrade that issue should be resolved.

37 minutes ago, lg2021 said:

Just got the email saying about this firmware, I boxed my r3 back up after the second revision only the beta firmware, still restarting everyday, ping was higher than my Asus router etc.

So are those things actually fixed?

The upnp relay is neat, no matter what I did before it would always show strict Nat even though my Asus router behind it had all ports forwarded for my games and even done the same on the r3 and had the same issue.

Hopefully this fixes it or I've got a expensive box with a router in... but a lesson learned otherwise 

Hard to say as you've not mentioned why you were restarting and higher ping could be any number of things. Try out the firmware, if you're having the same issues make a new topic and I'll be happy to help there.

36 minutes ago, Blaky2519 said:

I got today a email of this version is it a new one. 

It was released last week so it depends if you've upgraded or not. This one is .219, if you look at the R3 interface on the top right you'll see the version number, if that is lower than .219 then this is newer.

29 minutes ago, Pentol said:

Hi Guys,

Where is Ping Optimiser ?

You can see it on the homepage, alternatively it's listed in the bottom left.

7 minutes ago, Nunzio said:

Hello Duma team after the update do you need a factory reset or a simple reboot?

You don't need to do either 

Good evening, Thank you for your reply. Currently I am in 4.0.20. On the other hand, is it possible to select the new update directly from the file on the PC because I couldn't find it. Otherwise regarding the connection problem in the area that I indicated, can you please give me the reason why it selects a server outside the radius despite the fact that I have deactivated geolatency, ping at 0 and active strict mode. thank you in advance.

IMG_0103.jpeg

19 hours ago, paganister said:

I edited my previous post as you posted with the extra screenshot, I had geo-latency disabled.

You expect me to block any incoming server that's high latency? Are you kidding? Isn't that the point of buying the software for this router, that it auto-excludes it?

@DARKNESStagging you now as quote doesn't seem to work for me atm - thanks!

I don't read through a log forum it not my job I just try to help have you tried setting a static IP to the device and make sure your not running a vpn during the procedure.

The suggestions below should help if you are continuing to connect to servers outside of your radius. 
* Disable GeoLatency
* Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
* Enable Strict Mode
* Disable Fast Search
* Remove device from the Geo-Filter
* Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
Then restart the game if that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console