How to setup router properly with just ethernet port in wall in office?

Good day Netduma community,

i basically travel alot, and places like private offices have this, and I have the netduma r1 router and the xr 1000 router. Is it possible to setup the router so I can geo filter in my games still, and how do I do it properly?

Thank you for reading. I'm not much into networking but netduma software is amazing!

20240417_185201.jpg

• Administrators

Just plug it into whichever router internet port you want and the devices into the router and setup as you would normally - you won't be able to access the upstream router of course so you likely won't have an Open NAT but you'll still be able to play.

The above would be my recommendation also.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just plug it into whichever router internet port you want and the devices into the router and setup as you would normally - you won't be able to access the upstream router of course so you likely won't have an Open NAT but you'll still be able to play.

The above would be my recommendation also.

It says I am not connected to the internet when I set up the router

ss1.thumb.png.4a03cecbfb81644233bbd3acdea80c4e.png

It also lets me get to this page, but it says internet is down.

ss2.thumb.png.31d48e585392281bcb5cc073a94ff445.png

8 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

You really only have on option if your using both routers that would be to set the XR1000 in AP and let the R1 run the network.

I mean to say I have both routers, but I only want to use 1 of them. 

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Tgov10 said:

It says I am not connected to the internet when I set up the router

It also lets me get to this page, but it says internet is down.

I mean to say I have both routers, but I only want to use 1 of them. 

If you just connect your PC via ethernet directly to the wall do you get internet?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you just connect your PC via ethernet directly to the wall do you get internet?

Yes, and here is the router connected. I have the ethernet from the wall connecting to the router internet port I think it's called. I believe this is correct?

ss3.png

20240418_191952.jpg

Some more pictures, it lets me complete the router process but then ends up showing this web page. Not sure if these pictures help at all.

ss finish 2.png

ss finish 3.png

ss finish 4.png

ss5.png

My netduma r1 seems to work by just resetting and plugging it in like normal and going through the setup configuration, but the xr1000 doesn't seem to work the same way...

ss r1.png

ssr1 2.png

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you give the XR1000 just a normal reboot does it work then?

Unfortunately not, but I noticed when I connect the ethernet port from the wall to the back of the lan port router I get internet but I think it's just using the office network as if it was in like access point mode or something. When I get into the router settings this is what it looks like, but the internet is down. Do I need to change the router settings? Does the xr1000 not work unless it's connected to coax cable or something? I have the Netduma R3 on order thank god, When that comes hopefully the same thing won't happen.

got in 1.png

got in 2.png

I have it setup this way which looks correct I think. What am I doing wrong?

Wall > router wan

Router lan > Laptop

20240419_172455.jpg

• Administrators

You haven't done anything wrong on your end. If you click on the Setup Wizard in Settings there just under Internet Setup, can you get it to recognize it at all? 

On 4/19/2024 at 6:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You haven't done anything wrong on your end. If you click on the Setup Wizard in Settings there just under Internet Setup, can you get it to recognize it at all? 

Unfortunately not. It says the normal detecting ethernet or internet thing, but then shows this. I think I have the Netduma R3 shipping to me tomorrow so hopefully that will be better.

ssssss.png

• Administrators

That's very strange it's working with the R1 but not with the XR, you've reset as well so no lingering settings - are you using the same ethernet cable when connecting them to that wall?

Yes, same cable. I just unplug the ethernet cable from Wan port on NetdumaR1 and put it in the xr1000 Wan port/internet port if that's what it's called. Not the Lan port. Something interesting I noticed is when I plug the wall ethernet port to the lan on the xr1000 there is internet, but it is using the office network and so therefore the DumaOS filtering is not accessible and the router settings are not accessible either. 

• Administrators

It's acting like a switch in that scenario, that's normal. Have a look at the IP/settings that are being used when the R1 is connected to it, then mirror that to the XR and see if that then works - change the IP though so if the R1 is 192.168.0.2 have the XR be .3 for example