No Battlefield servers in Ping Heatmap!

Bought the router for this AAA game (Battlefield 2042) and to my surprise there's no Battelfield server option in the Ping Heatmap. There's a Frostbite engine section (which the game is built on) in Geo-Filter.

Can this be added please? 

On another note it doesn't like connecting to the Paris server when in Geo-Filter mode. I have no issues without Netduma R3. Can this be looked into as well pls?

Thanks.

• Deponeo changed the title to No Battlefield servers in Ping Heatmap!

Further to my last I've noticed all the servers don't light up at once when in Geo filter mode like I've seen on your setup videos

• Administrators

I have requested it again already so likely we'll get it added. Are you able to connect to the Paris server with the Geo-Filter disabled?

3 hours ago, Deponeo said:

Further to my last I've noticed all the servers don't light up at once when in Geo filter mode like I've seen on your setup videos

Not every game does that, the only game I've seen that does that is CoD when you load it up.

Hi Fraser, 

So after some testing using my ISP's modem/router combo with R3 disconnected I connect to the Paris servers around 50% of the time, however with the R3 connected I very rarely hit those servers, it seems to connect me to the servers in Germany. Now I'm located in Spain so the connection has to go through france so it's left me baffled. I understand my ISP has an impact on routing but it does feel the R3 is affecting this somehow not to mention my ping is increasing around 10 to 15ms (even with steady ping dissabled).

Any help appreciated. 

• Administrators

If you restrict the Geo-Filter to just France and block out Germany can you get them more often? The router doesn't affect routing, that's down to your ISP.

When I view the servers in geo filter 2042 (for europe) all the servers are located in 1 location stacked onto eachother. To me that indicates the servers are mislocated by netduma. I am using a xr 500. It would be much appreciated if you could separate the European server ID's to their geo respective locations on the geo filter map.

Ps5 EU is the only place to play crossplay off battlefield 2042 in the entire world but when I get connected to Germany the connection is sub optmilal compared to what I assume are the French and United Kingdom servers.

I am thinking this would help the op as well.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, oRaGaMi said:

When I view the servers in geo filter 2042 (for europe) all the servers are located in 1 location stacked onto eachother. To me that indicates the servers are mislocated by netduma. I am using a xr 500. It would be much appreciated if you could separate the European server ID's to their geo respective locations on the geo filter map.

Ps5 EU is the only place to play crossplay off battlefield 2042 in the entire world but when I get connected to Germany the connection is sub optmilal compared to what I assume are the French and United Kingdom servers.

I am thinking this would help the op as well.

We can certainly do that, if you provide the IDs as well that will help us do it faster

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We can certainly do that, if you provide the IDs as well that will help us do it faster

I looked up the IP's of the servers and it turns out even the lower ping servers I thought were perhaps in France are actually in germany as well. They are of the same provider though, at least according to iplookup. Just kind of strange that some of those servers give me a better experience even though they are supposedly all located in the same country/city and on the same network and ip range.
Are there no more French servers for BF 2042? I think the OP said he was sometimes connecting to them, I cannot find them on Geo-Filter though, So maybe 2042 GEo Filter servers do just need a Refresh from Netduma teams end.
This is the IDs i get a good connection to.
340329f4a0d34146
34032ffaa0d34146

vs bad servers

3403d9a4a0d34146

35034d18a0d44146
there are ofc more
Thanks

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thanks, I've asked Alex to have a look at the game/servers as I'm not too sure where the official servers are (until we get it on Heatmap!)

looking forward to it, otherwise i have to filter my own servers and test them individually which like u said is a lot of work. So i am really looking fwd to having them properly sorted!

Thanks ORaGaMi and Fraser, 

I can confirm that there were servers in France (Paris) at one stage which was confirmed by DICE the developers of 2042 however as of late I have also been connecting to German servers, however they do have Mains in UK, Madrid and Sweden however they only link you to the game servers. 

Anyhow's it would be greatly appreciated if we can get them on the heat map. I have recently got my friend to purchase an R3 last week for the same game so I know he would appreciate it too. 

• Administrators
On 4/24/2024 at 1:47 AM, Deponeo said:

Thanks ORaGaMi and Fraser, 

I can confirm that there were servers in France (Paris) at one stage which was confirmed by DICE the developers of 2042 however as of late I have also been connecting to German servers, however they do have Mains in UK, Madrid and Sweden however they only link you to the game servers. 

Anyhow's it would be greatly appreciated if we can get them on the heat map. I have recently got my friend to purchase an R3 last week for the same game so I know he would appreciate it too. 

Thanks for confirming! I have passed it onto the team to do as soon as they can