No Internet Optimiser - High Speed Plans

Thats right - When enabled with all features, our Gen 2 Smart Modem's hit a performance ceiling of ~450Mbps and Gen 3 hit around ~700Mbps.  So we dont offer it to Ultrafast because of the potential to restrict a customers maximum achievable plan speed.  There is however imminent progress in using on-chip hardware acceleration capabilities to process the prioritised traffic at full rates and solve this issue.

6 minutes ago, mannrs said:

Thats right - When enabled with all features, our Gen 2 Smart Modem's hit a performance ceiling of ~450Mbps and Gen 3 hit around ~700Mbps.  So we dont offer it to Ultrafast because of the potential to restrict a customers maximum achievable plan speed.  There is however imminent progress in using on-chip hardware acceleration capabilities to process the prioritised traffic and solve this issue.

Thanks for that. So are you saying this could be an option in the future on Gen 2 & Gen 3 Modems, considering NBN has just announced a plan to increase speeds across all teers in the next 12 months, as you are going to have more customers hitting the Ultrafast speeds due to the cheaper costs in the future.

18 minutes ago, MuRF FuRY said:

There is however imminent progress

Sorry, and by imminent...you mean very soon? Can you elaborate? It's just I am testing out the ultrafast speeds and am missing  DumaOS Internet optimiser functions.

In 2024, but being anymore specific and I'd be setting myself to be a liar, just because lots of other factors determine when and what updates go into the firmwares which changes month to month.

11 hours ago, mannrs said:

In 2024, but being anymore specific and I'd be setting myself to be a liar, just because lots of other factors determine when and what updates go into the firmwares which changes month to month.

After our discussion yesterday afternoon, all I can say is so far so good.

Speedtest.jpg.9f861fd581bdc000665f22096b41cd6a.jpg