Possible to block URL's completely with Duma?

I am enjoying the responsiveness of DumaOS with my Smart Modem 3 - but I still need a way to block URL's - think Youtube..for teens in myhouse - does Optimiser knock out the old  Parental Controls Blacklist feature - its no longer working - or is there any option in Duma? thanks in advance, John

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can use the Adblocker to block specific URLs does that work?

I know this is not my thread, but nope! that's not working either.

How are you entering the URL?

Tried 2 different ways. Am I doing it wrong?

Blockedurl.jpg.5dd7d1166a814f77ec8edd11d7680278.jpg

Blockedurl2.jpg.45e9ae220ede59673899bf75fb703f42.jpg

How are you entering the URL?

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try with domains and

www.youtube.com
youtube.com

and see if that works please

Nope, neither of them work.

I added a List (Text) in the AdBlocker panel, with the list, i just cut and pasted in your last message...re-booted the router...youtube is still available..do I need to have them as a list with commas. ?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that with both enabled at once? Copy all of these into one domain rule:

Youtube.com
www.youtube.com
http://youtube.com
https://youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com
https://www.youtube.com

and see if that works please

Nope, still no luck. It's like the feature is completely broken.

• Administrators

Okay thanks for letting us know, I can get it working on the R2 so something specifically on the Internet Optimiser side. Just to be thorough before passing it on to the team, both Adblocker and QoS are enabled?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks for letting us know, I can get it working on the R2 so something specifically on the Internet Optimiser side. Just to be thorough before passing it on to the team, both Adblocker and QoS are enabled?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

@MuRF FuRY@hellojohnbuck

Hi, I'm from the QA Team.

I have tested this myself on a Smart Modem 3 and it seems to be working. I added both youtube.com and www.youtube.com as a custom Domains list, and it was blocked successfully.

Please answer some questions to help me figure out what's happening:

• Is Adblocker working using the default lists? Does anything come up on the bubble chart when you visit a news site? Does the site contain ads?
  • Have you tried flushing the DNS cache after adding youtube.com and www.youtube.com to the domains list? If this doesn't work, have you tried leaving it 24 hours for the DNS cache to expire?
  • Have you got a manual DNS address set on the device you're using to test this? For example, on your PC?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

@MuRF FuRY@hellojohnbuck

Hi, I'm from the QA Team.

I have tested this myself on a Smart Modem 3 and it seems to be working. I added both youtube.com and www.youtube.com as a custom Domains list, and it was blocked successfully.

Please answer some questions to help me figure out what's happening:

• Is Adblocker working using the default lists? Does anything come up on the bubble chart when you visit a news site? Does the site contain ads?
  • Have you tried flushing the DNS cache after adding youtube.com and www.youtube.com to the domains list? If this doesn't work, have you tried leaving it 24 hours for the DNS cache to expire?
  • Have you got a manual DNS address set on the device you're using to test this? For example, on your PC?

Thanks

Tried everything apart from waiting 24 hours, it still does not function. Yes, when enabled I see stuff come up on the bubble chart, but sites still appear to have ads, I have tried blocking other sites apart from you tube and not one is blocked. I am missing something? I feel it is also linked to modems parental controls as that does not work either.

11 hours ago, MuRF FuRY said:

Tried everything apart from waiting 24 hours, it still does not function. Yes, when enabled I see stuff come up on the bubble chart, but sites still appear to have ads, I have tried blocking other sites apart from you tube and not one is blocked. I am missing something? I feel it is also linked to modems parental controls as that does not work either.

So it sounds like Adblocker is running, as stuff is coming up on the graph, but for some reason the DNS requests aren't being dropped.

I'm going to do some additional testing to try and recreate this bug, thanks for the help.