Don’t get full speeds with congestion control on auto enable.

I have an xr1000 and it’s been working pretty good but one thing I noticed with congestion control on auto enable I only get 480-500 download but with I disabled I get closer to 700 download. Just annoying to have to switch that when I download because I have to reboot router since it always starts acting up whenever I switch settings in dumaOS. Router is up to date

Yes after posting was reading some stuff about traffic prio and i have it on games console(my pc) and packets were getting prioritized so I should just turn off traffic prio for downloads? And another thing when we I mess with these settings my Wi-Fi starts slow down speed drastically I don’t even get near where I have it set for congestion control to fix sometimes it take multiple reboots of modem and router

i get 800 down 40 up and wifi speeds ive been struggling to get 150 in same room as router(drops as i move away)  and few days ago i would get anywhere from 300-600 on iphone having no problems at range. i get 50 upload on speed test but pay for 40. and i did noticed my 2.4ghz was turned off on device manager so i rebooted router and seem to do the trick. i do use smart connect with ax enabled

• Administrators

Try this and see if it improves:

1. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  2. Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  3. Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  4. Set the antennae to this position _ | | _
  5. For 5GHz change the mode to 2400Mbps I believe it is

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So I switched to 2400 instead of 1200 bc I only have 800 and my Wi-Fi speed went back to 600 download so thank you very much for the advice. Should’ve known to just leave default