owning xr1000 is joke right now

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The 1000 will be receiving 3.3 soon so not to worry on that front and we are looking at the PPPoE/QoS issue on all platforms.

@Netduma Fraser

half year passed and 1.0.0.68 firmware is messy as hell, spitting bugs with RAPP

I know u guys are tired of nighthawk, but this is nonsense... 

can anyone recommend some nice routers?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Essentially ever since then we were waiting for firmware from not ourselves, it was outside our control, I realize it's annoying and it is to us as well. We're doing what we can to get it out as fast as possible.

Whats RAPP got to do with Netgear, they waited for your builds I thought?  Or is that not the case.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Whats RAPP got to do with Netgear, they waited for your builds I thought?  Or is that not the case.

Both, we send our changes and they make a final build, that's what we've been waiting for I believe

On 1/13/2024 at 1:14 AM, xara said:

Hello, welcome to the forum!

The 1000 will be receiving 3.3 soon so not to worry on that front and we are looking at the PPPoE/QoS issue on all platforms.

@Netduma Fraser

half year passed and 1.0.0.68 firmware is messy as hell, spitting bugs with RAPP

I know u guys are tired of nighthawk, but this is nonsense... 

can anyone recommend some nice routers?

I would love to know as well. Owning a XR1000 is a laughing stock, WORST supported router, evident even the lower models get more support, clown world activities. I just play on ISP router rather than deal with Dumas. Never again!

Yes, it is the worst netgear router I have ever owned. Wish I would have returned it!

I have to reflash the firmware often, DUMAOS not loaded 5 to 6 times a year, along with rapps not loading etc... I should have never sold the XR500, it was for the most part rock solid. I have told many to pass on XR1000 series. I don't blame duma though, these guys up here try to help.

Hopefully 3.3 will help this old dog in so many ways, someday.

These are my icons right now lol, I just dont have time to reflash it again. I'm back to this again after reboot as well: Wan IP is a 10. and sub net is differnet as well. May not wait on 3.3 and just go get a new router at microcenter. 

image.png.0e8528e8830df2ca4499166163f8a5bc.png

image.thumb.png.e8e85253872c2ae40068ab02f0639b14.png

image.png.91b960ce4c379b4d483d162ea419145c.png

I have to agree. My XR1000 needs a full reset and re-built far too often. If Netgear are stalling on a firmware release, can Netduma give us an unofficial/beta/unsupported/whatever firmware similar to the support given to the XR500? 

I'm no longer even interested in chasing new features, I just want the thing to work more reliably and do the job it was bought to do.