R3 Geo Filter not working as expected

SamT98

Does the router actually listen to geo filter settings or does the game just do its own thing? I've box ringed certain servers close to my location but it keeps putting me onto dutch/french servers. It seems completely useless if the router or game doesn't listen to instructions you specifically give it! This is for FC 24 btw.

The suggestions below should help if you are continuing to connect to servers outside of your radius. 
* Disable GeoLatency
* Disable PingAssist (set it to 0,0)
* Enable Strict Mode
* Disable Fast Search
Then restart the game if that doesn't work, reboot PC/Console and check again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, brandan827 said:

I am having the same issue with my geofilter.  I've tried all the above with no luck.  

What firmware version are you on currently?

Just got mine yesterday and got it all set up last night. 
tested this morning and had my geofilter set for the Dallas texas server and it put me in a game in Europe?  
also ping optimzer is not working nor is the speed test.  
will the .23 update fix this if so send asap 

22 minutes ago, oldman66 said:

Just got mine yesterday and got it all set up last night. 
tested this morning and had my geofilter set for the Dallas texas server and it put me in a game in Europe?  
also ping optimzer is not working nor is the speed test.  
will the .23 update fix this if so send asap 

It may help with the geo filter issues not so much with the other two items. You can  request the  .23 firmware if you would like  just @Netduma Fraser

4.0.23 Changelog:

• Steady Ping improvements
  • Auto Ping Host improvements
  • Geo-Latency improvements

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sent!

Go it and updated.  Really hope they push these bugs to the top of the list as I only have a short window to return this if it doesn''t live up the hype and name.  MAinly got this so I can play with my friends in Arizona on servers closer to them so that we don't bounce all over the US and have one game at 8ms and the next at 100ms beacuse it put us in a server in washington state and I am in Tenneesse.  
So far after the update it has only connected once within the custom geofence I have set up for the server in Dallas.  After tha I have been put in Chicago, Atlanta, Utah and back to Chicago after I denied that server.  
Was super intrigued about the ping optimzer and I know it's an issue right now but what a dissapointment out of the box that really the only thing I am impressed with is the device manager as it was pretty slim on my Eero's.  
Can someone from Dev pin a post about progress on these issues?  
Thank you for sending me the file.  Going to try the suggestions from above to see if I can get the geofilter working as it should. 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, oldman66 said:

Go it and updated.  Really hope they push these bugs to the top of the list as I only have a short window to return this if it doesn''t live up the hype and name.  MAinly got this so I can play with my friends in Arizona on servers closer to them so that we don't bounce all over the US and have one game at 8ms and the next at 100ms beacuse it put us in a server in washington state and I am in Tenneesse.  
So far after the update it has only connected once within the custom geofence I have set up for the server in Dallas.  After tha I have been put in Chicago, Atlanta, Utah and back to Chicago after I denied that server.  
Was super intrigued about the ping optimzer and I know it's an issue right now but what a dissapointment out of the box that really the only thing I am impressed with is the device manager as it was pretty slim on my Eero's.  
Can someone from Dev pin a post about progress on these issues?  
Thank you for sending me the file.  Going to try the suggestions from above to see if I can get the geofilter working as it should. 

Try using the simple Geo-Filter (radius) instead of custom (polygon) as well as what has been mentioned previously. I can request that, we've never done it so I suspect there is a reason for that.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try using the simple Geo-Filter (radius) instead of custom (polygon) as well as what has been mentioned previously. I can request that, we've never done it so I suspect there is a reason for that.

Thank you, I did the above suggestions and was able to get into 2 matches on the dallas server.  Will test with radius as well to see which one provides better results. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all ,   

same issue here with geofilter. I tried upgrading the firmware from the browser and is not working. Which one is the latest please? Cod is ignoring the geofilter. 

thank you!

• Administrators
23 hours ago, qwerty0776 said:

Hi all ,   

same issue here with geofilter. I tried upgrading the firmware from the browser and is not working. Which one is the latest please? Cod is ignoring the geofilter. 

thank you!

The latest is the one I linked above. Make sure you do a factory reset after updating and do the suggestions from the 1st response in this topic