R3 steady ping and geofilter issue.

JasonKnight

I'm.currently having three issues the first is that steady ping while playing fortnite stabilizes during game then it has to continuously restabilise multiple times through the round. Happens every match.

The second issue is on my desktop pc regardless of what browser I use I can't see the geofilter map. On Firefox it's completely a black box for the entire image and on google chrome it gives me an error code prompting me to reboot router or refresh page, both of which doesn't make the geofilter map viewable. Also I have cleared my browser cache and files and still a black square ️ is all I can see with the geofilter

The third issue is on the homepage is says for gaming activity 0 seconds no matter how long I've been playing a game. And I do have gaming under my smart boost as top and only priority.

20231225_022458.thumb.jpg.f166c656de34de3724a61e81e97569ea.jpg

20231225_022406.jpg

20231225_105716.jpg

20231225_112951.jpg

10 hours ago, PharmDawgg said:

Go to chrome://settings/system in the web browser and make sure Hardware acceleration is enabled, does that fix the issue? The 2nd issue that is?

Thanks, but I've always had my hardware acceleration enabled, thus far it hasn't adjusted anything

1 hour ago, JasonKnight said:

Thanks, but I've always had my hardware acceleration enabled, thus far it hasn't adjusted anything

Could you go to chrome://gpu and post a screenshot please as I expect Fraser might for it. As its Christmas you may not get a reply from him until tomorrow

• Administrators
17 hours ago, JasonKnight said:

I'm.currently having three issues the first is that steady ping while playing fortnite stabilizes during game then it has to continuously restabilise multiple times through the round. Happens every match.

The second issue is on my desktop pc regardless of what browser I use I can't see the geofilter map. On Firefox it's completely a black box for the entire image and on google chrome it gives me an error code prompting me to reboot router or refresh page, both of which doesn't make the geofilter map viewable. Also I have cleared my browser cache and files and still a black square ️ is all I can see with the geofilter

The third issue is on the homepage is says for gaming activity 0 seconds no matter how long I've been playing a game. And I do have gaming under my smart boost as top and only priority.

Is the first issue causing you any instability in the game itself?

What version of Windows are you using, 11? If 11 do you have a Windows 10 device you could try with?

Seems like gaming is being recorded so just a visual issue on the dashboard which is good, a reboot should resolve that.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What version of Windows are you using, 11? If 11 do you have a Windows 10 device you could try with?

Seems like gaming is being recorded so just a visual issue on the dashboard which is good, a reboot should resolve that.

Merry Xmas.

I think for the first issue does cause my ping stabilisation to not be consistent. Also I'm using windows 11 and unfortunately I don't have a windows 10 device to try out. I've also rebooted the R3 a few times, but it still remains the same.

I'll ask this question here, because it fits in with using the geo filter and steady ping correctly. With dumaos 4 should we still be labeling our gaming PC as a PlayStation? Also if I am playing cod and the only thing I want boosted is that, will someone playing fortnite also get boosted and maybe interfere with cod being first. 

23 minutes ago, darth_revan45 said:

I'll ask this question here, because it fits in with using the geo filter and steady ping correctly. With dumaos 4 should we still be labeling our gaming PC as a PlayStation? Also if I am playing cod and the only thing I want boosted is that, will someone playing fortnite also get boosted and maybe interfere with cod being first. 

I game on pc primarily but I do game on console as well.  Let me preface I am not a dev.  

Question 1: It depends.  I would go with what your gaming on. I believe the geofilter bases it function off whe designation you attach to your device in device manager.  Since it is PC I would select device Computer.  If your experience not optimal or if there are issues. I would select Console next then either Playstation or Xbox.  PC/Console/Playstation/Xbox.  These are your options. Pick the one that works best for your game and pc.  Honestly with my OCD it bothers me to label my PC with anything other than Computer but it is what it is. lol I wish it was more of a definitive answer but it isn't.  It is more of a trial and error situation.

Question 2: It depends. If you SmartBoost the activity gaming any game will be prioritized. 1st come first serve but  I believe you can prioritize COD specifically.  I haven't done it myself.  I prioritize my specific device vs the activity (i.e.gaming). Others may suggestion that work best for them.  

Hope this helps and makes sense. Game on.

8 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

I game on pc primarily but I do game on console as well.  Let me preface I am not a dev.  

Question 1: It depends.  I would go with what your gaming on. I believe the geofilter bases it function off whe designation you attach to your device in device manager.  Since it is PC I would select device Computer.  If your experience not optimal or if there are issues. I would select Console next then either Playstation or Xbox.  PC/Console/Playstation/Xbox.  These are your options. Pick the one that works best for your game and pc.  Honestly with my OCD it bothers me to label my PC with anything other than Computer but it is what it is. lol I wish it was more of a definitive answer but it isn't.  It is more of a trial and error situation.

Question 2: It depends. If you SmartBoost the activity gaming any game will be prioritized. 1st come first serve but  I believe you can prioritize COD specifically.  I haven't done it myself.  I prioritize my specific device vs the activity (i.e.gaming). Others may suggestion that work best for them.  

Hope this helps and makes sense. Game on.

Thank you for the response and info. I have that OCD as well, it's always bugged me to list it as a PlayStation but that is what worked in the past. Also I just watched a setup vid that showed that I can put my device as top priority with gaming, so it should put me playing cod ahead of some other gaming on the network. 

On 12/25/2023 at 7:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

So it's been a few days. I've rebooted my router MANY times and still the gaming activity says 0seconds. Even on the netduma app it still shows 0 seconds. I've also notices under priority boost it always says 0.1mbps whenever gaming attempts to prioritize. I play on PS5 If that helps for anything. I know my xr500 had a bug where it didn't prioritize playstation traffic properly, I fear the same thing is happening again.

Screenshot_20240101_232803.jpg

Screenshot_20240101_233127.jpg

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you for the report, I will pass it onto the team. They'll be back tomorrow so we should start seeing some big updates

Can't wait, looking forward to the future of the R3. The best router I've owned thus far 👌!

• Administrators
10 hours ago, JasonKnight said:

Can't wait, looking forward to the future of the R3. The best router I've owned thus far 👌!

That's great to hear, it'll only keep getting better!

17 hours ago, VanillaCokeZz said:

Remember, all features are new and young. We must be patient. New updates will be roll out and we can show what can we make better. 

The I can't wait is a figure of speech meaning simply I'm excited. I'm WELL aware of the time it takes to create these updates. Thats why i stated I'm looking forward to the future of the R3. Not my first rodeo.

Besides all we can do is be patient there's nothing that's going to make the process go faster.