R3 needs rebooting everyday to access phone app/web page

SamT98

On 12/28/2023 at 3:05 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you getting on with SmartBOOST being disabled though?

So far more than 24 hours I didn't have any issues, it seems like disabling SmartBOOST does the trick for me, however I wanted to have it on all the time, I turned it on when I play and turn it off after. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, josh200505 said:

So far more than 24 hours I didn't have any issues, it seems like disabling SmartBOOST does the trick for me, however I wanted to have it on all the time, I turned it on when I play and turn it off after. 

Okay thank you, sounds like it might be the cause, I will pass this on to the team to look at as soon as they're back from the holidays

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When did the issue start to occur, after changing settings etc? Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, wait 3 minutes then access, is it the same? Make sure you close the tab once you've started the reboot

I eventually got it working after I factory reset and turned smart boost off. But as I just woke up I am unable to get on DumaOS. 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Meko said:

I eventually got it working after I factory reset and turned smart boost off. But as I just woke up I am unable to get on DumaOS. 

I think it's probably best that when the team are back next week that we get remote logging enabled on your router so that when it happens again it should send us the logs and show exactly what happened and we should be able to then fix it quite easily from there. If you could check in maybe Thursday next week and we should be able to do that.

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it's probably best that when the team are back next week that we get remote logging enabled on your router so that when it happens again it should send us the logs and show exactly what happened and we should be able to then fix it quite easily from there. If you could check in maybe Thursday next week and we should be able to do that.

I actually go back to work on Thursday. I’m only off Sun-Weds. Also im in Texas so I know I time zones are different. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Meko said:

I actually go back to work on Thursday. I’m only off Sun-Weds. Also im in Texas so I know I time zones are different. 

We don't need you to be present when we connect but will need you to make the router accessible prior, if it's not loading often then should be done on the day so we don't miss it. Let's say Tuesday then, the team will be back on that day and quite busy but I'll try to get them to do it then. If you could post back on Tuesday when you're ready to make yourself accessible we can get it underway.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:06 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't need you to be present when we connect but will need you to make the router accessible prior, if it's not loading often then should be done on the day so we don't miss it. Let's say Tuesday then, the team will be back on that day and quite busy but I'll try to get them to do it then. If you could post back on Tuesday when you're ready to make yourself accessible we can get it underway.

Sorry for the delay I’ve been busy. So what do I need to do??? 

• Administrators

No worries, hopefully we'll be able to get someone to take a look today:

1. Whatever the modem/router the R3 is connected to, make sure it is in modem/bridge mode or it has the R3 WAN IP in its DMZ (found on the R3 in Settings > WAN)
  2. Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN on the R3 and modem/router if applicable
  3. Enable remote support in Settings > Troubleshooting
  4. Post back here when you've done it with a device connected to the R3

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No worries, hopefully we'll be able to get someone to take a look today:

1. Whatever the modem/router the R3 is connected to, make sure it is in modem/bridge mode or it has the R3 WAN IP in its DMZ (found on the R3 in Settings > WAN)
  2. Disable IPv6 in LAN/WAN on the R3 and modem/router if applicable
  3. Enable remote support in Settings > Troubleshooting
  4. Post back here when you've done it with a device connected to the R3

Hi, I wanted to let you, that I factory reset and also fix the issue,and not turn it off SmartBOOST anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
11 hours ago, Meko said:

Is there a new update yet? I’m still on .19 Been bust lately 

I've sent you .23 via PM, you can upgrade from Settings > Troubleshooting, once complete I'd recommend doing a factory reset

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

For not being able to access, the team are asking:

1. While connected to the router via a Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter, does the 192.168.77.1 IP show for the gateway? Are devices receiving the normal 192.168.77.x IP addresses?
  2. What lights are lit up on the router?
  3. Is it always only a reboot that fixes the issue?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For not being able to access, the team are asking:

1. While connected to the router via a Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter, does the 192.168.77.1 IP show for the gateway? Are devices receiving the normal 192.168.77.x IP addresses?
  2. What lights are lit up on the router?
  3. Is it always only a reboot that fixes the issue?

1. Gateway: 192.168.77.1, device Address 192.168.77.150

2. I have RGB off, all front white lights on besides the USB & WPS lights

3. yes, it appears so.

Have had this issue since updating to .41 FW

10 hours ago, MattyAu said:

3. yes, it appears so.

Have the same issue on .41. I have downgrade to .23 again that i never have this problem with. Hope it will stay like this until a new stable fw come.

• Administrators
13 hours ago, MattyAu said:

3. yes, it appears so.

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass it on.