R3 needs rebooting everyday to access phone app/web page

SamT98

Anyone know why it keeps coming up with internal error occurred on either the phone app or web page. I have to reset the router everyday for it to work and load properly. Anyone know what’s causing this issue?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot of what you see when trying to access via a PC please?

Is the same issue I'm having I'm glad is not just me! posted screen shots you didn't reply, that is a bug after almost 24 hours is necessary to reset R3 to get access via web or app, I know you have to ask the same question to anyone, but I think is more than obvious that is not the browser or anything else this is a software bug, I love my R3 is a great product I hope you guys figure everything out. 

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you both disable SmartBOOST entirely from :r3menu > Settings please and then see if you get the same issue?

I have tried this but it also disables congestion control and ping optimizer which completely defeats the object of having this router in the first place

if there was a solution to disable smart boost without it being tied to the congestion control this would be golden. However in this current set up they're both tied in to each other which to me looks like the reason why this bug keeps occuring.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you both disable SmartBOOST entirely from :r3menu > Settings please and then see if you get the same issue?

I have been having it off and still the same 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, SamT98 said:

I have tried this but it also disables congestion control and ping optimizer which completely defeats the object of having this router in the first place

This is just for troubleshooting so I can find the cause of the problem, once I know the problem I can let the team know so they can fix it. Have you had it since disabling?

12 hours ago, Meko said:

I have been having it off and still the same 

Did you disable it properly from SmartBOOST settings? It won't be enough to delete the priorities

11 hours ago, Sorbert said:

I get the same issue on .23 firmware 

Try disabling SmartBOOST as I mentioned above please

11 hours ago, josh200505 said:

I have tried  disable lan and wan ipv6 to see if that helps so far no issues I'll be updating tomorrow. 

Keep us posted! If it happens again disable SmartBOOST as above

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is just for troubleshooting so I can find the cause of the problem, once I know the problem I can let the team know so they can fix it. Have you had it since disabling?

Did you disable it properly from SmartBOOST settings? It won't be enough to delete the priorities

Try disabling SmartBOOST as I mentioned above please

Keep us posted! If it happens again disable SmartBOOST as above

Got home an hour ago ones again i don't have acces to the router via web or app I reset it that's the onlything it fix the issue, I'll try disabling SmartBoost will see!

@Netduma Fraser - I have a similar issue, however the network activity page was completely blank for me. When I disabled smartboost as you've suggested the Network Activity page is populating now. I however cannot log in on the DumaOS app but the website is working fine. I've only had the R3 for a day so am on the default firmware (v4.0.20)

• Administrators

Let us know, we have also had a report disabling IPv6 in WAN/LAN fixes it but please try SmartBOOST first and only if that doesn't work try IPv6.

1 hour ago, lbevin said:

@Netduma Fraser - I have a similar issue, however the network activity page was completely blank for me. When I disabled smartboost as you've suggested the Network Activity page is populating now. I however cannot log in on the DumaOS app but the website is working fine. I've only had the R3 for a day so am on the default firmware (v4.0.20)

Uninstall the app, re-install it and it should work then - also make sure you're connected to the R3 WiFi.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Let us know, we have also had a report disabling IPv6 in WAN/LAN fixes it but please try SmartBOOST first and only if that doesn't work try IPv6.

Uninstall the app, re-install it and it should work then - also make sure you're connected to the R3 WiFi.

Disabling ipv6 didn't work for me 24 hours later I couldn't login restart is the only fix 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you getting on with SmartBOOST being disabled though?

Well after rebooting my router 3 times I can’t even get to DumaOS. It’s pretty frustrating cause I bought this for all the features that we have to turn off for it to work properly now it’s features I can’t even access SMH. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do a factory reset and then disable SmartBOOST, if that is the issue the team will be able to fix it quickly when they're back from the holidays

Factory resetting now.