Error uploading firmware & other issues: Netduma R2

Toe_SNE

After multiple attempts to update the firmware to v.3.3.280, I tried an older firmware v.3.0.179 first, hoping this would allow me to upgrade past the original firmware installed. Ive had no joy, ive tried a factory reboot following the guide to upgrade, this didn't work. I've tried resetting the R2 and then quickly upgrading the firmware, this didnt work either. 

on the dumaOS app as it stands, when i attempt to use speed test, its stays stuck on the 'starting speed test' and never completes,  on the router control page, qos doesnt load and the message Rapp is not loaded yet, even after waiting refuses to load.20231223_011110.thumb.jpg.c8292a6cb7f82f6ba20d809e73164b29.jpg20231223_023922.thumb.jpg.4d1afee7fc947811a413f6c4f09d1591.jpg

So to clarify, I'm using the most up to date app [4.0.0] the duma OS version is 3.0.123, i can't upgrade to any newer firmware versions. Any help is appreciated 

• Administrators

We'll have to get someone to force an upgrade through for you when they're back from the holidays, in the meantime:
o to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, close the tab, wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if you can access those pages.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We'll have to get someone to force an upgrade through for you when they're back from the holidays, in the meantime:
o to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, close the tab, wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if you can access those pages.

That's sounds good mate thanks, I tried what you suggested and changed the values from 3to5 and rebooted, but no joy. The Rapp panel is showing that qos isn't running at all and just says n/a on the chart...

Screenshot_20231223_213218_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0f61c465a63b04c7ea5adeefec1c70f8.jpg

Any idea how to fix it?

Is there anyone available to perform the firmware upgrade from the support side today? Im on leave from work today so im around if i need to adjust any settings from my end. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

As it's a Sunday no one is in but I'll get someone to try tomorrow. 

If your ISP modem/router has WiFi, set it up so that it is in bridge or modem mode, you can also use the DMZ. Copy the WAN IP from the R2 (found in System Information) and enter it into the DMZ function on the ISP modem/router. Then enable remote support in Settings > WAN and post back here with a device connected to the R2.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,  is there any chance of the update being pushed through by someone tonight please. This the earliest i can get home after work on a weekday and i haven't managed to catch anybody at the right time each time I've asked previously.

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Toe_SNE
Mistake

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Toe_SNE said:

Hi,  is there any chance of the update being pushed through by someone tonight please. This the earliest i can get home after work on a weekday and i haven't managed to catch anybody at the right time each time I've asked previously.

Thanks in advance 

Not tonight no, everyone will have gone home but if you make yourself accessible, post back here from a device connected to the R2 I'll get someone to try tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We weren't able to access, could you double check everything please:

On 1/7/2024 at 2:27 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

As it's a Sunday no one is in but I'll get someone to try tomorrow. 

If your ISP modem/router has WiFi, set it up so that it is in bridge or modem mode, you can also use the DMZ. Copy the WAN IP from the R2 (found in System Information) and enter it into the DMZ function on the ISP modem/router. Then enable remote support in Settings > WAN and post back here with a device connected to the R2.

Also make sure you don't have a device in the R2 DMZ. Please also PM your public IP address.

I couldn't figure out how to do what you asked due to the dmz setting not showing up for me in isp settings anywhere. Also no idea what a cg-nat is, I'll try to find it, will that be in my isp router settings or dumaos settings? Thanks

• Administrators

That was done directly from your modem, not the R2 correct? If so then we won't be able to access unfortunately. Do you have the ability to take it to a friend or family members house on Monday so we can try to connect? When did you order btw?

Ye I had Ethernet from fritzbox to laptop, but there was also an asus router connected, I tried disconnecting asus but ended up offline for a while, was trying to just have fritzbox with duma r2 without asus involved but couldn't figure it out

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That was done directly from your modem, not the R2 correct? If so then we won't be able to access unfortunately. Do you have the ability to take it to a friend or family members house on Monday so we can try to connect? When did you order btw?

We've had the r2 for at least a few years if that's what your asking

• Administrators

Okay just to clarify, so your setup was fritzbox > Asus router > R2? If so that's likely why we couldn't connect, you'd need to put the Asus router in the DMZ on your fritzbox, that way the traffic can flow freely all the way to the R2. You should be able to have internet without the asus though, connect R2 to fritz, reboot fritz, wait 2 minutes, reboot R2, wait 2 minutes and see if you get a connection then