Only one person can play online at one time

Lulustevie

Can someone please help. So trying to work out why only one person can play mw3 at a time. We have a basic Vodafone router. I’ve tried to look it up on YouTube to fix it but having no luck 

would appreciate any help 

thanks 

So if my partner was playing mw3 on his PlayStation I wouldn’t be able to go on my PlayStation and play mw3 

it just won’t seem to allow more than one person on at a time. I’ve not had this problem with any other game before it only happens with cod

So it’s says can’t connect hueneme/concord error at the start up part of the game 

ive been trying to look into it a bit and some people say it can be because we using the same ip address and it won’t work that way. Although I’ve never had a problem with any other game doing this before 

im not a very tech savvy person so I didn’t want to start messing around with ip stuff or router settings incase I made it worse 

thanks for your responses 

• Administrators

Ah, this forum is for routers with our software DumaOS installed on them and that's what we help people with. It's not a general support forum. You're welcome to see if anyone can help with your issue but it may be best to have a look elsewhere as you may find better answers

On 12/22/2023 at 3:04 PM, Lulustevie said:

Can someone please help. So trying to work out why only one person can play mw3 at a time. We have a basic Vodafone router. I’ve tried to look it up on YouTube to fix it but having no luck 

would appreciate any help 

thanks 

I Do not have that router, mine are different (like 6 different ones lol) but most of the settings should look the same or similar.

First check this link and see if it helps before reading all my info below because it could be confusing lol.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-broadband-queries/Multiple-Games-consoles/m-p/2688153/highlight/true#M20794

So I'm going to try and make this easy to understand, both consoles should have an IP address assigned to it.

Go to both consoles and log the MAC addresses in Network Settings > Status they should look like A1:B2:C3:D4:E5:F6 (remember log both).

Now login to your Vodafone router and the area you need to be in should be in LAN settings.

Go down below where it says Reserved IP Addresses and enter info for each console the MAC address from above info and assign each one an ip address like 192.168.1.203 or whatever you want last 3 digits to be. .203 is just an example like in photo it shows 192.168.1.202. Anyways do that for both consoles then restart consoles and they should get new IP addresses. Double check in Network Settings on console that it did get new ip address if it didn't restart each console and it should get the new IP Address. IF they don't restart router and try again.

Last part which will make everything work is also Important.

Log back into router you should have 3 options: port forward, DMZ and UPNP. One console will have to either have ports forwarded, put into DMZ OR UPNP, second console will have to be entered into one of the other ones. So if one is DMZ the other has to be either "port forward" OR "UPNP".

NOTE: DMZ will open that device to the whole net which can be unsafe sometimes but for console it shouldn't be bad. DMZ and UPNP would be the easiest otherwise you will have to find all the ports that need to be forwarded.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

IF you go with Port Forwarding this link will help you https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-iii/

Only way its going to work for her is to put one in dmz and port forward the other, if you leave upnp its going to use the same ports for both devices. one device will be moderate and the other will be strict. but both will be able to play at the same time