What's up with the Wi-Fi?

D3mon1c

Even though I'm on 2.4 it seems like its like the 5G type of gig where you can't be too far 4rm router to work/have strong signal & I even split up the bands & overall I think I had better signal on 2.4 on the R1 & XR1k easily compared to this.

• Administrators

Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that, also experiment with the widths as they can improve it.

Should be quick, once the device stops actively sending/receiving traffic. Switch to the offline view, click the device and you can delete it from there.

FYI - probably more information than you were wanting. Sorry

1. Frequency Bands:
    • 2.4 GHz Band: This band is commonly used for Wi-Fi networks. It has a larger range but can be more crowded due to other devices using the same frequency, such as Bluetooth devices and microwave ovens.
    • 5 GHz Band: This band provides faster data rates and is less crowded than the 2.4 GHz band. It is divided into more channels, allowing for better performance in environments with multiple Wi-Fi networks.
  2. Channels:
    • Each frequency band is divided into channels. In the 2.4 GHz band, there are 14 channels (in some regions, only 11 are used), and in the 5 GHz band, there are typically more channels available, offering greater flexibility for setting up networks.
  3. Channel Width:
    • The Wi-Fi channels have a specified width, which is the range of frequencies they cover. The most common channel widths are 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80 MHz, and 160 MHz. Wider channels allow for higher data rates but take up more space in the frequency spectrum.

See what I found when I searched was mainly just frequency bands it didn't really cover the channel width part but now I just did some research & put 5G on 160mhz (Cause its for wifi 6 & why wouldn't I wanna use that) & am gonna keep the 2.4 on 20mhz cause I guess apparently its the most stable thing to have that connection on.

• 4 months later...