Couldn't get VLAN to save for PPPoE

SturdyFugur

Just the two problems with PPPoE.

Initial setup said can't use special chars in the login name which is username@ispname. That's being fixed in the yet to be pushed update right?

Then it got stuck with the never ending spinner and didn't get to the main screen.

Using advanced on wan, PPPoE to set VLAN to 2 (tpg/iinet etc in .au) kept resetting itself to vlan 0 after hitting save and checking again in chrome or edge. No internet. Is that being fixed in the yet to be pushed update too?

• Administrators

Yes the PPPoE issue and getting stuck in the Setup Wizard is fixed in an update that will be hitting your router within a few days. I can also provide this firmware to you. We've not a report about VLAN yet that we've confirmed it to be an issue, I'll give you the firmware then see if it works after that please. Check your PM.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to clarify, do you have access to the main interface now or are you still stuck on the wizard?

I got out of it, had to use the old router to give it a ip for setup dhcp rather than pppoe

48 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes the PPPoE issue and getting stuck in the Setup Wizard is fixed in an update that will be hitting your router within a few days. I can also provide this firmware to you. We've not a report about VLAN yet that we've confirmed it to be an issue, I'll give you the firmware then see if it works after that please. Check your PM.

I'll give it a go later, playing mw3 with steady ping etc on at the moment. will update after and thanks for the firmware hopefully it fixes it up

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can see you have a browser based Adblocker enabled, could you just disable this and check again please? We'll also be looking into this issue today to get a fix out asap.

tldr; It doesn't save vlan settings with or without ublock origin, but it does save the state of the enable/disabled switch for it

I knew you were going to mention ublock origin when I saw I left it in the video, and you should since it can bugger everything up, but it doesn't save the vlan settings. 

Re-recorded a new vid on the laptop the r3 was setup with. that chrome is stock 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thank you very much, I'll pass all information over to the team to get this sorted. Are either of you able to get an internet connection without it? Such as using an upstream router to handle it?

Using upstream router and just dmz the R3 here works for internet.

The lack of vlan is means no voip phones etc connected to the R3, so they're on the upstream router still

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, SturdyFugur said:

Using upstream router and just dmz the R3 here works for internet.

The lack of vlan is means no voip phones etc connected to the R3, so they're on the upstream router still

Okay that's good to hear, just wanted to make sure you wouldn't be without internet while we look into it.

I am having the same issue. My R3 arrived as well today. (firmware v4.0.19)

The VLAN-ID "number" is not saving. / (The number doesn't stick.) Tried it on my laptop & on my phone (through the app) Nothing seems to work. (I also have to set a VLAN in combination with my PPPOE.)

(I am Dutch and have KPN as my internet provider.
So here are the details we've been given from KPN itself.
Hopefully this information is helpful for others as well.)

KPN configureert in de ONT 3 VLANs
Internet: VLAN = 6 met prioriteit P-bit = 1
Vast Bellen5 : VLAN = 7 met prioriteit P-bit = 5
TV: VLAN = 4 (DHCP gebaseerd die ook IGMPv2 moet ondersteunen) met prioriteit P-bit = 5

Technische details Internet • PPPoE via VLAN 6 (802.1q).
• PPPoE authenticatie PAP met een gebruikersnaam en wachtwoord (bijv. internet / internet).
• Maximale pakket grote (mtu) 1500 bytes (rfc4638)
• IPv4 adres + DNS servers via PPPoE verkrijgen
• IPv6 adresreeks + DNS servers (IPv6) via DHCPv6-PD verzoek (in PPPoE). Een adres gebruiken uit reeks voor router

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, plakstra said:

I am having the same issue. My R3 arrived as well today. (firmware v4.0.19)

The VLAN-ID "number" is not saving. / (The number doesn't stick.) Tried it on my laptop & on my phone (through the app) Nothing seems to work. (I also have to set a VLAN in combination with my PPPOE.)

(I am Dutch and have KPN as my internet provider.
So here are the details we've been given from KPN itself.
Hopefully this information is helpful for others as well.)

Thank you for the information, I will pass that onto the team!

9 hours ago, SturdyFugur said:

tldr; It doesn't save vlan settings with or without ublock origin, but it does save the state of the enable/disabled switch for it

I knew you were going to mention ublock origin when I saw I left it in the video, and you should since it can bugger everything up, but it doesn't save the vlan settings. 

Re-recorded a new vid on the laptop the r3 was setup with. that chrome is stock 

Hi @SturdyFugur, I'm having the same issues. However, you seem to have some sort of connectivity, or the R3 is tracking your speeds and activity at least. I don't have any of this. Interface is totally blank. Any thoughts on why that might be or how you've connected the R3 to your existing router? Thanks!

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Seb1991 said:

Hi @SturdyFugur, I'm having the same issues. However, you seem to have some sort of connectivity, or the R3 is tracking your speeds and activity at least. I don't have any of this. Interface is totally blank. Any thoughts on why that might be or how you've connected the R3 to your existing router? Thanks!

What do you mean the interface is blank?

3 hours ago, Seb1991 said:

how you've connected the R3 to your existing router? Thanks!

I've got Arris Cable Modem <-> old/existing router <-> R3

Existing router does PPPoE (with vlan id) login to internet provider, then the R3 connected to one of its ethernet ports and you use the wifi or ethernet of the R3.

existing router hands out a (dhcp reserved) ip to the R3 via dhcp

existing router has ports forwarded to the ip of the R3

(Just in case) the internet in ethernet socket is blue on the R3. old router ethernet out -> r3 blue in

Hope you can get yours working until the vlan id saving issue is fixed