Firmware 4.0

Derlandes

@DerlandesYour not going to be missing too much id say the most unique new feature is the anti-jitter though it hasn’t been fully detailed as to what it actually does specifically. As long as the DPI is updated it should be all good on my opinion I use all operating systems and it just how you tweak them and whether the packets are detected properly etc 

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@DerlandesYour not going to be missing too much id say the most unique new feature is the anti-jitter though it hasn’t been fully detailed as to what it actually does specifically. As long as the DPI is updated it should be all good on my opinion I use all operating systems and it just how you tweak them and whether the packets are detected properly etc 

I'll have to disagree on this one, there are quite a few new features and all of them will improve the quality of your connection in one way or another. Keep an eye out!

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, IREWolfman said:

Is this why Beta 5 was the last update on the R2? Have you switched over to the 4.0 branch? Or will you continue to release 3.0 updates for the R2.

Pretty sure that DumaOS 4 will be next for the R2, doesn't make sense for us to continue development on separate DumaOS versions when 4.0 is far superior

@Netduma FraserQuick question will the R3 have a network prompt like on the XR1000 when it booted for the first time on the browser etc?

If not I think it would be convenient as to just load in into the UI like on the XR when doing the setup instead of typing 192.168.77.1 though not necessary it just for convenience and to know whether the device is connected

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserQuick question will the R3 have a network prompt like on the XR1000 when it booted for the first time on the browser etc?

If not I think it would be convenient as to just load in into the UI like on the XR when doing the setup instead of typing 192.168.77.1 though not necessary it just for convenience and to know whether the device is connected

No we don't, that's a good idea. We do have a QR code you can scan though that takes you to setup.

@Netduma FraserWould be nice addition in a future update though I ain't smart phone guy especially when you'll need to access the advanced settings unless you were able to implement all settings on the app/mobile browser then it would make more sense to me personally?  Though it is convenient for certain users using the QR code

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

@Netduma FraserWould be nice addition in a future update though I ain't smart phone guy especially when you'll need to access the advanced settings unless you were able to implement all settings on the app/mobile browser then it would make more sense to me personally?  Though it is convenient for certain users using the QR code

Yeah I'll make a note of that. Yes that is possible via the app I believe as well as mobile browser, pretty much we've made it as accessible as possible 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, VanillaCokeZz said:

I see Firmware 4.0.23 is sending to some user. When will it roll out in DumaOS?

Once the team are back from the holidays and they have the ability to fix any major issues that could have potentially happened due to that version - it looks fine to me from what I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2023 at 3:02 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Unfortunately not no, it launches with the R3 and will come to the R2 at a later date

Is there a link available yet Fraser.?