Lagging due to upload taking all bandwith

I’ve set the upload% to all different values and either way any game being played, if an upload is taking place all the bandwidth is taken and causes lag in every game played. This is also with QoS on.

Also with the share excess option on the web page it only seems to support download bandwidths, whereas the dumaos app supports an download/upload. Was wondering if the modem supports limiting upload at all.

Can't play any type of multiplayer game once any upload occurs the whole game just freezes until the said upload is complete.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for not replying because I ended up disabling congestion control altogether which still produced lag but not extreme spikes upwards of 1000 ping in games.

I’ve also attached an image of the category breakdown section and I’m not sure why it’s listing my download and upload as 435.1mbps and 32.8mbps as mine is entered and listed as 100/20mbps in the settings anyway.

I thought there might be a chance this is why the congestion control wasn’t working but it probably isn’t, just making an assumption (which is probably wrong).

IMG_2046.jpeg

So the speeds are the entered correctly (100/20) and upon returning to the app it was back to normal at 100 and 20 on the network monitor.

I disabled auto mode and it remained at 100/20 on network monitor.

I then turned it back on tested a with a prioritised device using YouTube and as soon as activity was detected I returned to the network monitor to find the number increase to 274.6mbps and upload had remained the same. This was after clicking on a video.

I then went ahead and disabled auto mode AND congestion control and upon returning to the network monitor the speeds were correct at 100/20 once again.IMG_2050.thumb.png.de772f66c76e3a2b6d0d4242dce45a36.png

Yes with auto disabled I generally don’t experience the issues. The worst issue was the very high ping spikes mid game that would occur just for a few seconds then go back to perfect ping. 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, maudish said:

Yes with auto disabled I generally don’t experience the issues. The worst issue was the very high ping spikes mid game that would occur just for a few seconds then go back to perfect ping. 

Okay that's good so Congestion Control can eliminate the lag, with Auto it only applies when traffic is being prioritized, so it sounds like there may be an issue there as it wasn't triggering before - how do you have that setup?