“Server Disconnected” MW2

xxmiraclesxx

So I have internet access, can login and play other blizzard games like Diablo 4 but everytime I boot up mw2 I get hit with a “server disconnected” I’ve reset pc, and router and still no luck, as well as turned off the geo filtering thinking maybe that was hindering my ability to connect but nope.  Kind of at a loss on this

IMG_4907.jpeg

7 minutes ago, xxmiraclesxx said:

By direct to modem you mean plug pc directly into modem?

Thats exactly what Fraser means.. Connect directly to your modem with your PC and see if you can connect then..  Basically take the R2 out of the equation.. Post back your results then..

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Interesting, if you get the IP of your PC from the Device Manager then put that in the DMZ in settings, can you then launch the game successfully? Once you've checked take it out of the DMZ as it is a security risk.

My attempts to locate the DMZ zone have failed along with attempting to get into my modem settings as I can’t match the MAC address on the back of it to any connected to my pc even when hardwired directly into it again so I’m at a loss for how to do that

Hi !

To find the DMZ on the R2, you must go to the network settings level and enter the DHCP IP address of your PC by reserving it (check the box)!

image.thumb.png.e169e73858c6ad10075fd14a3937237f.png

image.thumb.png.b8dcea4846407195976998d7aea23481.png

• Administrators

Could you just provide a screenshot of the Geo-Filter and QoS page please? Just so I can double check they're disabled as nothing else should have the capability of blocking it. 

Have you made any Traffic Controller rules or done port forwarding etc?

Still can’t connect.  On a shot in the dark I read about just using a vpn to get through and tried that.  Using NordVPN just on my pc it let me boot up but I’m figuring that’s cause it’s bypassing all of the dumaos stuff since it’s just on my pc and not on the router itself?