Settings wont apply in game

Satiros

This isnt a debate about me using the ping assist or not.  Ping assist is working for me just fine. i play 100 matches? all of them are below 50. i dont really care if im connecting to servers or peers. I dont care if its better or not for cod.. It works and i want it that way. If i make the mistake to close the game then the ping assist isnt working any more. I have to reset eveything and set it up again. If i play 24 hours straight then 1000 matches will be below 50ms. As i set it up on ping assist. 

Why is this happening? 

This is what im doing with ping assist. Standard matches below 50ms. As i want it exactly.. The thing is when i turn off the game and come back lets say next day to play again, i dont get what i was getting last night. Not below 50ms lobbies anymore. I have to reset netduma and do all the job again from scratch in order to get it done again.

Forget ping assist. I use polygon mode to play in saudi arabia. It works like a charm. When i restart the game stops working.

I set location in freaking mars and want to play with aliens. It works. If i restart the game stops working.

Its like reseting everything and comes back to ''factory mode''. ''Factory mode'' is thinking im in the us for some reason, but i really dont want to discuss it now cause it already took me several days to describe my main issue.

Your response is '' no way you can play below 50ms in greece". '' dont use ping assist''. A freaking feature which got me buy netduma on the first place.

And im here trying to make you understand that whatever i do is working until i close the game. Then it doesnt anymore.

map.jpg

43ms.jpg

20231024_215008.jpg

20 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Ok, so the problem comes from the xbox, and the geofilter allows you to bypass it after having applied it...

So that’s cool!

Ok let me talk to someone who understands English, although isnt my native language.

A while ago you were saying I wont find matches below 50 in greece. Now i think the cat ate your tongue.

I'm saying that to achieve that i have to reset every day the netduma and you're saying that netduma bypass my "faulty " xbox...

For real dude,change job. This isn't for you. I will report you if that matters. 

At least the cat ate your tongue when you saw my below 50ms lobby

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you literally leaving the Geo-Filter settings alone when coming off the game? Are you leaving the console in an instant on/standby mode by any chance?

When I quit playing for the day ,I close chrome (which I have the Duma os) and leave my console open until it closes it self. Yes it's on standby mode. I wont do anything in Duma os. Nothing at all. I just close chrome. Next day everything is like I've left it in duma os but in game it wont work.

2 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Thank you,

and by putting your geolocation in the ocean, does it work better?

Done talking with you dude. At least have the balls (if you are a man)to admit that you have no idea what is going on. 

I'm really done with you. I hope all members see our conversation just to know what netduma support really is. I will upload your answer to reddit and discord. 

You will become viral in no time.

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

What exactly is disappearing?

Mate are you OK? Can't you understand what the man is saying? The settings are resetting themselves, every time you start a new game. And netduma changes the home location to another continent causing to join games in America. Also n Greece you can have below 50 ping. And has nothing to do with the issue.If you are moderators you really need to gather yourselves. 

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

Ok, so the problem comes from the xbox, and the geofilter allows you to bypass it after having applied it...

So that’s cool!

Xbox will never connect you to a different continent, if you don't use a vpn. Are you sure you know what are you saying? 

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Satiros said:

When I quit playing for the day ,I close chrome (which I have the Duma os) and leave my console open until it closes it self. Yes it's on standby mode. I wont do anything in Duma os. Nothing at all. I just close chrome. Next day everything is like I've left it in duma os but in game it wont work.

Okay when you're done playing could you shut down the console fully so it's not in a standby mode then when you turn it on next time see if it works as expected then please.

Also @Fuzy is trying to help, his native language is French but he is still trying to help, he's also a moderator so please keep it respectful.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay when you're done playing could you shut down the console fully so it's not in a standby mode then when you turn it on next time see if it works as expected then please.

Also @Fuzy is trying to help, his native language is French but he is still trying to help, he's also a moderator so please keep it respectful.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it tomorrow. 

Also I really dont care who fuzy is and he's not trying to help. He is just trying to prove me wrong. Look when he told me "so xbox has the problem and duma is by passing it.  That's cool". Are you kidding me ?

My native language is Greek but I'm not being ironic with anyone.

He also said "in greece you wont find lobbies below 50ms ". And then he swallowed his tongue. @Fuzy maybe you should move in Greece cause it seems we can have lobbies below 50ms.

He didnt understand a thing of what I was saying and when he did he was being ironic.

So maybe he must keep it respectful to customers.

I'm not an idiot and for sure he's not an expert or something. Cause bottom line he just gave me a link of how to use ping assist. And again , are you kidding me ? 

So tell him to stop commenting in this post cause he has nothing useful to say.

One last thing ,tell me how reports are working in here. I want to report him. Maybe I can make another post saying about his behaviour? 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, keep us posted - make sure it's working before hand of course before you shut it down fully.

I'm sure he won't be commenting again, you did manage to report him so that's all done.

Sorry but he was ironic to a legit question about settings, and he has a half naked woman as a photo. Really? 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:46 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks, keep us posted - make sure it's working before hand of course before you shut it down fully.

I'm sure he won't be commenting again, you did manage to report him so that's all done.

It seems that is working after a couple of game reboots.  Everything is working ,then I fully shut down console. When opening it up again it's random. Sometimes it works on first attempt, sometime it works on second on third game reboot.

The good thing is that I dont have to delete device ,re sync cloud etc.

I'll continue monitoring it and let you know.

I have another question regarding parties. When I'm hosting the party I have the absolute control,as I should. The thing is when one of my friends is hosting the party and I'm joining him ,it seems that my geo filter still applies .It tries to connect us but it wont due to my restrictions. 

Is that something normal ? Shouldnt geo filter only apply when I'm hosting ?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Satiros said:

It seems that is working after a couple of game reboots.  Everything is working ,then I fully shut down console. When opening it up again it's random. Sometimes it works on first attempt, sometime it works on second on third game reboot.

The good thing is that I dont have to delete device ,re sync cloud etc.

I'll continue monitoring it and let you know.

I have another question regarding parties. When I'm hosting the party I have the absolute control,as I should. The thing is when one of my friends is hosting the party and I'm joining him ,it seems that my geo filter still applies .It tries to connect us but it wont due to my restrictions. 

Is that something normal ? Shouldnt geo filter only apply when I'm hosting ?

Okay interesting, do keep us posted! That is normal, the Geo-Filter can't tell when you're hosting or not so we do suggest either being the party leader or disabling it if someone else is going to be the leader.

• 2 weeks later...

OK i can now confirm the followings: Ping assist works very well, even in countries where no servers located (Greece). Set it at 50ms and never played above 50 ever again.

When booting up game and press search for a match, sometimes the search starts from 150ms ,for unknown reason, and puts me in US servers eventually. 

So when things arent  working as they should , the workaround (at least in my case ) is this: Open up DumaOs on laptop or phone,doesnt matter, reboot game. and wait to see on geo filter map all the servers in the world. Wait until they fade out and then press search match. 

It seems this is working something like general check. So let netduma do the check and then you good to go. It's like 10 seconds so nothing to worry about.

As i said, most of the times it works immediately, but when it doesnt, just let netduma do the ''initial check''.

That's for the ping assist. Didnt  make any tests on changing location or using polygon mode cause it doesnt apply to my ''needs'' , so i dont really care. But i'm pretty sure that will work accordingly. 

Also, at least at my end, all geo filter adjustments are applied even when im not hosting the party. Thus, when i set ping assist at 50 ms and join my friend's party (who cant have 50ms ping or below cause of bad isp) game wont find us a match.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's great to hear! The settings would apply even when you're not hosting, that's why it's best to either be the party leader or disable it if that isn't possible

That's how i handle it. Usually im the party host, just wanted to check what is happening when i'm not.

Can i ask what will happen when mw3 will be released? Should we make something on dumaos? 

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Satiros said:

That's how i handle it. Usually im the party host, just wanted to check what is happening when i'm not.

Can i ask what will happen when mw3 will be released? Should we make something on dumaos? 

We'll push a cloud update if necessary but it should work right away, no changes needed