Need someone to Help confirm this, But im pretty sure having your geofilter on the MW3 beta is crashing the game.

ownal0t

i have a PS4 and a  Ps5. 

Yesterday i was on the ps5 and it kept crashing. i went out to run errands, then when i came back home i started the game on the ps4 and my wife played on the  ps5 and the PS5  kept crashing still, while the  PS4 never did.

Today  i switched the geo filter to the Ps4 for the  games since the ps5 wasnt in use today and now the PS4 is crashing  while searching for  lobbies.   i switch to the ps5  afterwards with the  geofilter still on the ps4, and the ps5 isnt crashing while the ps4 keeps doing so.

can  someone with the  beta test this theory out as well?  

• Administrators

Great to hear it is working, we haven't had a chance yet to test the game specifically so most likely we need to add some servers to the whitelist. Check the Geo map when you get a crash for something blocked and add it to the allow list, keep doing that until the crashes stop and you should be good to go. If you could give us the IDs for those servers as well that would help a lot!

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear it is working, we haven't had a chance yet to test the game specifically so most likely we need to add some servers to the whitelist. Check the Geo map when you get a crash for something blocked and add it to the allow list, keep doing that until the crashes stop and you should be good to go. If you could give us the IDs for those servers as well that would help a lot!

i will keep  a note to do this.  but i just ran a  live  stream, i was  able to play 1 game before the crash kicked in.  

once i ran it again with the  geofilter off, all the crashing ended and i played the next 2 hours fine.

@ownal0tThe games don't crash do to third party software on console that just activision especially if it coming from infinity ward the best team in the world (SARCASM) with they're horrible optimization it the same thing when you try to invite a player in MW2 on the PS5 the game crashes completely majority of the time the bug has been there since day 1 was never fixed so keep giving them your wallet till you feel like your a fool 😂

It not the only game your able to replicate crashes but a core function that is commonly used should be fixed ASAP it'll probably take them a full year for the game to be stable if they even put any focus into that is but knowing how warzone is there main focus good luck on that end....

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/113b74o/cod_mw2_season_2_ps5_consistent_crashing_after/

On 10/8/2023 at 4:15 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It wasn't working on the weekend Fraser, I have my geofilter around Australia or it connects me to Indonesia (similar ping) but it was not showing any servers at all, when a friend from the east coast joined me his ping was 100+ instead of the normal 20 so we were connecting to Indo, if I joined him his ping was back to normal.
Hopefully it works this weekend since we get better games on Australian servers.
Neither my wife's or my PS5s were crashing though.

I was testing this on PC and it was working as it should. Two Laptops and a Desktop and no issues on my end. Atleast no issues caused by Netduma. Issues by the game is another thing lol

• Administrators
7 hours ago, KOAO said:

I was testing this on PC and it was working as it should. Two Laptops and a Desktop and no issues on my end. Atleast no issues caused by Netduma. Issues by the game is another thing lol

Great to hear that, thanks for letting us know!