Netduma R1 Wifi download and upload speed only gets 10% of the real internet connection speed

boss_chief_ph

This is what I get with a PC connected via ethernet to the Netduma R1 with R1 3.0.207 Firmware: 15223329256.png 

But with a phone connected via wifi to the Netduma R1, I only get 10% of the speeds: 9541689985.png

When I connect my phone directly to the modem-router of my ISP, I get similar speedtest results to the first one above.

I already tried turning off QoS but it had no effect. This is what my wifi settings look like: uvWtAZh.png

How do I get my wifi speeds better or closer to my ethernet-based internet speed? 

Hi,

This is not possible because the R1's WiFi is hardware limited!

If you want a wifi connection with more speed, you will need to turn to netduma wifi5 or 6 routers!

@Fuzy@boss_chief_phYou don’t necessarily need to buy an expensive router you can go with an used one in the market like XR500 which are common to find at a low price and would be a way better upgrade than running that potato R1 in this generation of hardware it just completely outdated unless your wired. 

• Administrators

You definitely won't get better than ethernet, it's a very old router - older than 2014 and it only supports 2.4GHz which limits you on speed as well. 

Try this:

• Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection

and see if that improves it at all.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You definitely won't get better than ethernet, it's a very old router - older than 2014 and it only supports 2.4GHz which limits you on speed as well. 

Try this:

• Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Disable Syn Flood Protection

and see if that improves it at all.

How do I "Disable Syn Flood Protection"?

Thanks!

It is in network setting!

image.thumb.png.691c8b02e7c9dd5c4faf646540c598aa.png

I will add that in the same way as your ethernet speedtest which is based on 3 servers, you will already have a better result by doing the same near R1. But the max limit of the R1's 2.4Ghz wifi won't be much more than 30Mbps