Multi router setup

Hi folks I'm looking for some advice on how I should configure my network. I've recently purchased an xr1000. I'd like to still use my BT hub for the land line and also have some devices connected to my WiFi disk. I tried taking out the bt and only using netgear but finding wifi poor without the bt mesh disk. When I used the bt along with the xr1000 I used to only get dhcp from my bt hub so basically the xr1000 wasn't doing anything.  Any advice on how to get them working together?  I don't mind if I have devices outside of the xr1000 and connected to the BT hub, obviously they won't get qos etc. I really only want the xr1000 for the geofilter and I have more than enough bandwidth. Any advice would be great essentially I only care about using the xr1000 for my ps5 for geo filter but want my home hub to remain.  Whats the best way to set this up ? 

Any advice would be great. I previously had a netduma r1 and connected it to the bt hub both with dhcp and put the netduma into the bt hub dmz but this is proving problematic with the xr1000.

Any advice 

Disable ALL wifi radios on the ISP modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. DMZ will work here and is recommended.

2 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Disable ALL wifi radios on the ISP modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the NG router gets from the modem. DMZ will work here and is recommended.

No opposite way around.

He wants to keep BT wifi.

So what you will end up with is:

1. Connect XR1000 WAN to BT LAN

2. If BT Hub has the option, place the XR1000 in DMZ so you avoid double nat

That should fix it. The firewall on a XR1000 is still active so you need to keep DHCP etc running.

You could switch off the XR1000 wifi alltogether, but you can also use it if you wish with a different SSID.

Hey guys what I've done is made my bt hub a wireless access point connected to my xr1000.  Its working really  well,  I mean anything connected to bt won't have qos but at least I now have great WiFi everywhere in the house. I wasn't able to use the bt WiFi disk thing with my xr1000 but it's working with the home hub now which is essentially just a wireless access point. Thanks for the replies also , its great to be back on duma os after a couple of years 😀