XR1000 For those who plays Destiny 2 on PC, stay with firmware XR1000-V1.0.0.44_1.0.33

Hi, i have been testing firmwares for destiny 2, and the firmware in the title, is by far the best for this game.

https://kb.netgear.com/000062376/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-44

you can download firmware here.

The latest firmware make some mess on hit registration and some connection base, cause destiny 2 is a p2p game.

I wish, new release can fix those issue, cause i want to use more new things of version 3.3.

• Xûr changed the title to XR1000 For those who plays Destiny 2 on PC, stay with firmware XR1000-V1.0.0.44_1.0.33

@XûrSmell placebo all they’ve done with the latest firmwares is fix bugs…using an older one you just get inferior experience do to more bugs and you have higher vulnerabilities on the router to be exploited if it gets exploited 🙄 Though u do u bud just giving my two cents

1 hour ago, Fuzy said:

Hi, @Xûr

Did you do a factory reset after the update?

It allows you to start on a good basis!

yes i do.

1 hour ago, DARKNESS said:

@XûrSmell placebo all they’ve done with the latest firmwares is fix bugs…using an older one you just get inferior experience do to more bugs and you have higher vulnerabilities on the router to be exploited if it gets exploited 🙄 Though u do u bud just giving my two cents

I am only talking about hit registration and global smoothnest, as i mentioned, i wish new firmwares to work better, cause i want more functionality and security.

Other things that worken better for me with this firmware is ABB anti bufferbloat worked far better than with other firmwares.

@XûrThat should be all fixed with upcoming patch and should be getting hybrid vpn that am aware which is a feature that's only missing on the XR1000 ironically....I have been testing the new dpi with my R2 and running it behind the XR1000 and it pretty much night and day difference when it comes to getting the right priority of course that because of the addition of a newer dpi engine that cloud based which should be getting added to all XR models once they all get 3.3. Furthermore I have been adding plenty of games so unless your playing a game not many people play you would have to send data for them to add it etc ...I personally don't play destiny so couldn't say much on that game and that just do to the grind potato system+paid to win but as for cod it has been a much better experience

5 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@XûrThat should be all fixed with upcoming patch and should be getting hybrid vpn that am aware which is a feature that's only missing on the XR1000 ironically....I have been testing the new dpi with my R2 and running it behind the XR1000 and it pretty much night and day difference when it comes to getting the right priority of course that because of the addition of a newer dpi engine that cloud based which should be getting added to all XR models once they all get 3.3. Furthermore I have been adding plenty of games so unless your playing a game not many people play you would have to send data for them to add it etc ...I personally don't play destiny so couldn't say much on that game and that just do to the grind potato system+paid to win but as for cod it has been a much better experience

Excellent! i just want to talk about my experience! i wish new firmware for xr1000, is bugged free, and with all things working correctly

@XûrWell there should be a beta coming eventually which should allow to test if they’re bugs before the official release…So I’d say it best to test it so that everyone that gets the official firmware runs a stable version etc since it clearly takes a while for them to patch and couldn’t say if they’ll be future patches. Just from the looks of things just my personal view I am not affiliated with anyone I just give feedback upon the products.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's unlikely that version would specifically make a difference to you but if that works great! They'll be a new version for the 1000 to bring it up to speed with the other routers soon.

Hi Fraser, i own 03 different netdumas, and i tested firmwares on this one xr1000 cause, to me, netduma doesnt work as good as the native  (r1 r2 ) ones, its a shame cause xr1000 is a beast, and in the last 03 firmwares, bufferbloat and hit registratiion on xr1000 was awful, is went back to the firmware i posted here, and A+ in bufferbloat and the hit registration in destiny became much better, i dont know why, but i did it twice, wen back to latest firmware, and come back to oldest one, and worked.

I hope and wish, new firmware implementation is better, so i can enjoy all the power of the xr1000

3 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@XûrWell there should be a beta coming eventually which should allow to test if they’re bugs before the official release…So I’d say it best to test it so that everyone that gets the official firmware runs a stable version etc since it clearly takes a while for them to patch and couldn’t say if they’ll be future patches. Just from the looks of things just my personal view I am not affiliated with anyone I just give feedback upon the products.

Excellent! maybe we can discuss interns in beta what we think about!