XR1000 Packet Loss in Warzone

Hey Everyone, 

I updated to the latest firmware for the v1 xr1000 and ever since I have been experiencing packet loss on both WZ1 Caldera and WZ2. Somewhere around 30-50% and its not every game but my son and I are both impacted.

Any help would be great. 

So I didn’t hard reset, because the last time the config file I exported would not take and I had to rebuild everything again manually.

qos and geofilter settings are not set. ISP download is 1200 but I only get 750-800 at my pc wired. 

Yeah, that is kind of ridiculous, every 2 years a firmware is released you have to rebuild your network. That’s kind of crap if you ask me. Additionally, what is the point of automatic updates if you have to rebuild your network. Defeats the purpose, no?

With the features that are offered but not available. The inconsistency of updates and releases. I work in software delivery and this is just out of control, if I delivered IT assets at this level of inconsistency on products I’d be fired. I understand it is not on NetDuma with the nighthawk line, however, they should be reporting these customer dissatisfaction with NetGear and push for a successful development plan via their service agreement. 

• Administrators

You don't have to factory reset but if you encounter an issue you're only seeing after an upgrade then it is a good idea to do so to ensure remnants from the previous version aren't causing any issues.

QoS is recommended to ensure your network is stable, especially if you're encountering packet loss. It could also be the server, in which case using the Geo-Filter to try different servers would be a good idea.

I’ll try resetting and loading the config file. But this will be my last attempt at fixing this setup. 

I would strongly urge whoever is in charge of contract negotiations to renegotiate the contract to allow you folks to satisfy the customers who want to use your product over others. It seems NetGear could care less about you all pleasing your customers with their hardware and that is just poor customer service. 

• Administrators

Are you loading the config file from the previous version? If so that could be contributing to issues, it's not recommended. If you're going to factory reset to potentially resolve an issue, restoring a config could restore the issue as well.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, DimeRider27 said:

I’ll give it a shot a I mentioned above. Just wanted to provide some feedback on working with your vendors.

Totally appreciate that, it is something people have mentioned before, we take all feedback on board.

The truth is that it takes a long time to release new firmware. I understand the need for pre-launch testing. But besides the delay to launch the new Firmware, when they launch, it comes with bugs. And there are many bugs. I don't know if the team is small, or if it's a lack of competence

Wanted to provide an update on the .cfg file upload. I reset to factory settings and created the network name as you normally would when first setting up. Went to the administration page to upload the .cfg file and it took, rebooted and nothing was changed back. No port forwarding, no static ip's no keywords. NOTHING. 

Here I am REBUILDING MY NETWORK AGAIN!

• Administrators
On 7/26/2023 at 3:38 AM, DimeRider27 said:

Wanted to provide an update on the .cfg file upload. I reset to factory settings and created the network name as you normally would when first setting up. Went to the administration page to upload the .cfg file and it took, rebooted and nothing was changed back. No port forwarding, no static ip's no keywords. NOTHING. 

Here I am REBUILDING MY NETWORK AGAIN!

Was this a config from the same firmware? If so we'll have to pass that onto Netgear to have a look at

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Was this a config from the same firmware? If so we'll have to pass that onto Netgear to have a look at

Yes, I couldnt recall the last time I had to do this; if I grabbed a new cfg file after the firmware update, I made sure to do so this time. I backed up the settings and then reset, then tried to upload the new cfg. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DimeRider27 said:

Yes, I couldnt recall the last time I had to do this; if I grabbed a new cfg file after the firmware update, I made sure to do so this time. I backed up the settings and then reset, then tried to upload the new cfg. 

Okay thanks, we'll pass it onto NG