Best method of setup?

Evangelisuk

Hi !

SmartQoS is not visible on the PC/Desktop view, you will need to use this link to access it:

http://192.168.77.1/dumaweb/#smartqos

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so been smooth in early access but today there seems to be issues. Cant access the dumaos - get loading screen which leads to blank white page. Some devices on the network cant get internet where as im messaging from the pc now which is on ethernet cable/powerline adapter. Is there anything different i should do other than hard reset the router? Obviosuly want information on why this is happening but previously reset = no info as to why its happened.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Evangelisuk said:

Ok so been smooth in early access but today there seems to be issues. Cant access the dumaos - get loading screen which leads to blank white page. Some devices on the network cant get internet where as im messaging from the pc now which is on ethernet cable/powerline adapter. Is there anything different i should do other than hard reset the router? Obviosuly want information on why this is happening but previously reset = no info as to why its happened.

Did you disable SmartQoS by any chance as we do know of a bug where doing so does prevent access. If you access the Smart QoS interface then re-enable it you should regain access, does that work? If so does that then allow the other devices to get internet again?

• 2 weeks later...

Im pretty certain i didnt disable anything myself personally. Noticed speeds dropping and lag in game. Tried to access dumaos and no response. Tried to access Smartqos and no response. ( sorry ended up rebooting last time )  
The CGI script took too long to produce a response.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Evangelisuk said:

Im pretty certain i didnt disable anything myself personally. Noticed speeds dropping and lag in game. Tried to access dumaos and no response. Tried to access Smartqos and no response. ( sorry ended up rebooting last time )  
The CGI script took too long to produce a response.

Okay go ahead and get access back if you haven't already, we'll see what we can do to reproduce it.

• Administrators

In LAN Setting, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

• 3 months later...

Reluctant to come do some more troubleshooting but had multiple connection drops today and it is my isp fault i believe, however being connected to Netduma is once again not letting me use the sky website log in but if i use the sky router i can do it fine.

• 3 months later...

Been having ISP issues and issued 2 new routers over that period of time. Had a few blips last week or so and it only just came to me that i should have to redo all the historic changes ive ever implemented? Im on R2 early access 3.3.615 but it doesn't look anything like the one posted in July 23  even though i have tried to update to it. Do i need to put the duma in the routers DMZ and is there anything else i cant remember because i'm basically a potato .

• Administrators
On 4/17/2024 at 1:27 PM, Evangelisuk said:

Been having ISP issues and issued 2 new routers over that period of time. Had a few blips last week or so and it only just came to me that i should have to redo all the historic changes ive ever implemented? Im on R2 early access 3.3.615 but it doesn't look anything like the one posted in July 23  even though i have tried to update to it. Do i need to put the duma in the routers DMZ and is there anything else i cant remember because i'm basically a potato .

Other than checking that the R2 IP matches the one in the modem DMZ there is nothing else you really need to redo

Ok thanks done that. I'm on early access and last i checked the Qos page had to be entered by using a specific link. Is that still the same?
I've got 2 devices streaming at the same time on essentially a low bandwidth connection and i'm still getting lag spikes/bad ping to a game i'm playing right now.
I've set it to prioritize my pc. On the older version i had i could directly limit how much bandwidth each device would take, that seemed better.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Evangelisuk said:

Ok thanks done that. I'm on early access and last i checked the Qos page had to be entered by using a specific link. Is that still the same?
I've got 2 devices streaming at the same time on essentially a low bandwidth connection and i'm still getting lag spikes/bad ping to a game i'm playing right now.
I've set it to prioritize my pc. On the older version i had i could directly limit how much bandwidth each device would take, that seemed better.

Yes that's still the case on Early Access. In theory it should dynamically assign bandwidth based on need - if you set Congestion Control as well you should be good.