Best method of setup?

Evangelisuk

Currently have sky hub -> R2 -> 3 Powerline adaptors ( 2 of which have Wi-Fi ). My internet connection is not the best and isp router couldn't deliver the qos i required.
Since setting up netduma i have found that that browsing is super slow , opening emails ect really bad. I cant access my isp provider website without getting certificate error ( ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT ) and its known to regularly cut out internet for 20-60 second randomly. This only happens using the Netduma and can be bypassed by connecting directly with the isp router again. Hoping to get help with the problems and advice on how best to set up at my home. Should my powerline adaptors be set to repeat R2 signal or will they just interfere and limit the range of the R2? At the moment all devices in the house are connected to the R2 only. 

• Administrators

Are the powerline adapters being chained as in one connected to another or do they each connect to the R2? Have you put the R2 WAN IP from the System Information page into the Sky DMZ? If not that may resolve some of those issues.

One powerline is fed via ethernet from the R2 and then the other two are linked to it. I have now placed the Wan ip into the DMZ to the best of my knowledge. Should i reboot the isp router or R2 after changing this setting?
image.thumb.png.da3a6fc89742f2f7b6ee9765b0d6f9dd.png

• Administrators

Set that IP as static on the Sky router as well just to be sure it saves, then you can reboot the Sky hub, wait 2 minutes then reboot the R2 and it will have definitely applied, see if it works better then.

I can now access the isp website without certificate errors but the speed the R2 is using seems to be super low. Sky router says 25 down 5 up to the house. I do have some Qos and congestion control which would put it at 20down 4 up. The device I'm running the speed test on has 55% priority on the Qos, share excess ticked and no other users streaming/downloading at the time. Test was on a pc connected to a powerline adpaptor via ethernet. For fairness i tested on a mobile device connected to R2 wifi and basicly got the same speed.

image.png.80f73bb2c12ded5e2fe19e3360d2a2c7.png

Sorry for late reply as peace returned to the house xD  I undid and redid Qos settings/share excess and can now get proper speeds. However just a few minutes ago R2 dropped internet like usual. No response at all from the R2 but can connect to sky router and see its still connected and show Duma connected to it. Only solution was manual reboot of R2 by removing power then refreshing the adapter in network settings. Ive saved the log after i got the connection back it looked like there was a bit of activity at the time but i don't know if any of its relevant or not.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Evangelisuk said:

Sorry for late reply as peace returned to the house xD  I undid and redid Qos settings/share excess and can now get proper speeds. However just a few minutes ago R2 dropped internet like usual. No response at all from the R2 but can connect to sky router and see its still connected and show Duma connected to it. Only solution was manual reboot of R2 by removing power then refreshing the adapter in network settings. Ive saved the log after i got the connection back it looked like there was a bit of activity at the time but i don't know if any of its relevant or not.

Unfortunately not, the logs are wiped on a reboot so there won't be any information about the disconnect there. It may be worth signing up for Early Access https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/ and trying the firmware there once approved to see if you can get more stability.

Currently also getting lag spikes in D4. Went to check the DumaOs and the interface is barely responding and wont load any information. 
Speed tests currently show really poor results. image.thumb.png.5fc35134eb733c20591bf4123948d90d.png

This is as far as the Os will show. I was on D4 and family member streaming Disney plus. Looks like i will have to reboot the R2 to regain functionality.
Can connect to my sky router still and there is no downtime on the connection or lowering of speed to the house. 
* fixed with reboot via OS menu.

• Administrators

As you removed the power the logs will be lost unfortunately. Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing and that should stop it doing that loading in the future. I would really recommend upgrading to Early Access though!

Ok cool will do. If im having problems with QOS any tips? Playing D4 and ms ping 800+ while someone streaming in the house.
They are on resticted speeds so its not even using the full connection available. R2 Wifi keeps dropping and all my devices move onto my powerline adaptor wifi which is incredibly slow also. Just endless issues :{ 

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

For WiFi try these suggestions and see if you get a better experience.

• Disable Mirror Mode, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  • Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  • Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  • Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  • Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  • Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

So randomly happening again, performance was choppy. Loaded Dumaos - super super slow. Speed tests log-1689165294326.txt
 ( This is Pc on ethernet )
For future reference is it best for me to leave things in this state until i have reply's from you or is it ok to powercycle R2/refresh adaptor to restore normal function? ( hopefuly lol ) 
image.png.ddf14ffd2f965d3bffa0178489c9cc15.png
image.png.188ab1a2949a55d957735df16b4f04d9.png
Seeing this a few time while on qos/system info.
Updated log log-1689170400892.txt Do these things really only record around 3 mins activity or am i doing something wrong?
Rebooting via Dumos Ui and refreshing adaptor in network settings has made no difference. Will now manually power off the R2.
Still slightly restricted speeds afterwards. 
image.png.ade8ac3a769d1991de242b29654af2a4.png

Redid speedtest straight after and get these results.image.png.71465a8385c0e37d6ece97b3b5616ae2.png
Updated log log-1689173522016.txt

Wed Jul 12 15:09:13 2023 kern.err kernel: [804679.143755] Out of memory: Kill process 22416 (dpiclass) score 30 or sacrifice child

This is the QOS as requested. Is there a way to remove all the inactive devices from this page? Also is it ok to keep posting here like this with you?
Feel like a pest keep coming back with more and more xD

image.thumb.png.567d8c90b9534ab720764d1d3e9d449c.png

• Administrators

Thanks for the information, you can do whatever you need to in order to restore normal internet functionality. You can keep posting, this is our main support channel so you're good!

I'll have a look over the logs, in the meantime, the easy thing to do which hasn't been done yet is to disable QoS completely to see if you then get normal speeds. Click the menu :menu icon top left of the Congestion Control panel then disable a run a test.

For the devices, go to the Device Manager, click the :menu icon and delete offline devices, that should clean it up for you.

Disable and re-enable seems to return the speeds on the few times its happened. I've been at work today and the internet has been down the entire time ( according to my family! ) 
Came home and no response from the Duma, couldn't access the OS ect. Manually reset by removing power cable and all good again. ISP router shows no downtime.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Evangelisuk said:

Yeah i have so much going on atm irl and messing with this stuff kind of stresses me out when I'm this overloaded. 
Applying for the early access right now.

Totally understand, going through the same thing! Take your time, I have granted you access so you can try it whenever you want to.