R2/XR1000 in AP

David824

quick question about the R2...if I use my R2 as the router to run my PC and my PS5...and then Run my XR1000 in AP mode for all my wireless devices...on the bandwidth allocation Im of course seeing my XR100 and all my device....Do I put all my devices to 0 and put just give me XR1000 bandwidth and then let that control everything or do I still need to give my XR1000 some bandwidth to each device?

• Administrators

No need to allocate bandwidth at all for your scenario but if you wish to then give bandwidth to the devices, you don't need to give any to the XR - it would just redistribute to the devices anyway.

@David824Bud if you have the R2 and the XR1000 AP mode the R2 does the work for you while the XR1000 acts as the best extension for wireless connectivity...I personally disabled wifi on the R2 and just have the XR1000 as such since I don't require to networks fighting in a small living space and I rather use the most efficient wireless signal but if your living in a bigger space then I would still have the R2 be the host since it gets updated quicker and it more stable

Also you won't be able to see devices if they're connected to the XR1000 in AP mode on the R2 that because the XR1000 is dealing with the addresses so bandwidth allocation wouldn't work if your using pub firmware it would only work to devices that are connected directly to the R2

Beta firmware fixes that issue by detecting traffic more efficiently and allocates bandwidth automatically though it beta so it not perfect an as such will have bugs

6 hours ago, DARKNESS said:

@David824Bud if you have the R2 and the XR1000 AP mode the R2 does the work for you while the XR1000 acts as the best extension for wireless connectivity...I personally disabled wifi on the R2 and just have the XR1000 as such since I don't require to networks fighting in a small living space and I rather use the most efficient wireless signal but if your living in a bigger space then I would still have the R2 be the host since it gets updated quicker and it more stable

Also you won't be able to see devices if they're connected to the XR1000 in AP mode on the R2 that because the XR1000 is dealing with the addresses so bandwidth allocation wouldn't work if your using pub firmware it would only work to devices that are connected directly to the R2

Beta firmware fixes that issue by detecting traffic more efficiently and allocates bandwidth automatically though it beta so it not perfect an as such will have bugs

I have the Wi-Fi on the R2 turned off and only running wifi on the xr1000. and all devices are working fine on it. However,  on the bandwidth allocation it shows the xr1000 and both echos and my ring camera…so it’s definitely picking up them up through the R2…is there something I should have done differently to make them not appear? Or are you saying the beta will fix it were they won’t appear on the R2?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No need to allocate bandwidth at all for your scenario but if you wish to then give bandwidth to the devices, you don't need to give any to the XR - it would just redistribute to the devices anyway.

Ok so for the xr1000 and the devices…I can just drag them to 0s and allot the bandwidth to just my pc and console since they are the only thing connected to the R2?

7 hours ago, David824 said:

Ok so for the xr1000 and the devices…I can just drag them to 0s and allot the bandwidth to just my pc and console since they are the only thing connected to the R2?

Are the cameras connected directly to the R2?

• Administrators
7 hours ago, David824 said:

You don't need to set Bandwidth Allocation at all unless you have a specific requirement such as you're streaming and need consistent bandwidth as otherwise the bandwidth is just shared between devices based on what needs what. 

If you want to use it leave the XR1000 low/0 and all other devices can be allocated bandwidth.

22 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

Are the cameras connected directly to the R2?

No…only thing that’s connected to my R2 is my ps5 and gaming pc…both hardwired and static…ring camera and my echos are Wi-Fi on the xr1000

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You don't need to set Bandwidth Allocation at all unless you have a specific requirement such as you're streaming and need consistent bandwidth as otherwise the bandwidth is just shared between devices based on what needs what. 

If you want to use it leave the XR1000 low/0 and all other devices can be allocated bandwidth.

Ok I’ll mess with it…I’ll drop the xr1000 to 0 and I may even drop my ring camera and echos to 0 and see how it works then