Halo Infinite Xbox Best FOV for Hit Detection

DOGGAVELI

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been conducting lots of research and testing on Xbox in regards to the best FOV setting for console on Halo infinite. Due to the lack of information on the internet I’ve been testing out numerous FOV settings myself to see which is the best and what in game results I get.

I’ve found that the best setting on Console for FOV is 120 by far. The hit detection both short and long range is significantly better, and I’ve noticed I’m winning much more duals than when I was previously using 97 or 105. On120 the gameplay is much faster so it takes a little adjusting but once you settle in you’ll notice your shots are much better.

I’ve even found that when coming up against PC players I’m now wining most of the duals now also. I wanted to post this and share with my fellow Duma Army. Keen to hear what other players find with the FOV 120 setting for what is worth I’m playing in Australia but find hit detection is consistent in local and overseas servers now.

Happy gaming all and I hope this helps out lots of console gamers as it’s certainly helped me.

There nothing to research it common sense that a higher field of view gives you a better view and so it easier to hit people that has nothing to do with hit detection that all server based.

It like wondering why people back in the day when fortnite had stretched screen be a thing and people were using it because it gave them a game advantage by seeing more of they're field of view and the game wasn't intended to be played like that and so they banned stretched mode

As @DARKNESS mentioned the stretch resolution. Having a higher FOV is always will always have advantage over lower FOV. Now, each person experience will be different due to actually being able to see further distances. Also, higher FOV, can reduce FPS from being STABLE 60 FPS or some other games 120 FPS. But, the developers ensure the console at least hit the target max FPS for a longer time in the case of higher FOV.

Another example about having higher FOV. Apex Legends, the max FOV is 110. But, on PC with a few configurations to the config file, can also Enjoy 120 FOV. As 120 FOV is not in the game, officially. Like the stretched version of Fortnite, it's actually not recommended to do so, as I believe you can't play 120 FOV at tournaments in Apex Legends. But, it's a noticeable difference from 110 and 120 FOV.

All this to say, glad to hear you're having a good time with the higher FOV. What a Night and Day difference it is.