RIP R1, Looking to get XR1000

R1 watch has ended so looking to get another router. Was interested in XR1000, do you all happen to know if it uses all CPU? Looking at older reviews and some stuff around the internet seems it only uses 2 of it's cores. 

Of the capabilities the R2 has:

• Which are the same on XR? -
  • Not planned for XR? - 
  • Going to be added to XR? - 

• Administrators

It uses one of the cores for packet acceleration so you won't really ever see any usage data on System Information. The R2 is the latest bleeding edge so the other platforms will lag behind it a bit. I would say the XR500 is more up to date than the 1000 which currently doesn't have HybridVPN or Ping Assist. We do want to bring all the platforms more in line with each other and XR1000 is due to get 3.3 very soon.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We do want to bring all the platforms more in line with each other and XR1000 is due to get 3.3 very soon.

You used the word "soon" many times referring to new XR1000 firmware.

Does it have any time frame meaning to you? Or... it is pure abstraction word?

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It uses one of the cores for packet acceleration so you won't really ever see any usage data on System Information. The R2 is the latest bleeding edge so the other platforms will lag behind it a bit. I would say the XR500 is more up to date than the 1000 which currently doesn't have HybridVPN or Ping Assist. We do want to bring all the platforms more in line with each other and XR1000 is due to get 3.3 very soon.

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

You used the word "soon" many times referring to new XR1000 firmware.

Does it have any time frame meaning to you? Or... it is pure abstraction word?

We don't give out any ETAs as they're always subject to change and when we have given ETAs in the past and have missed them people get very annoyed so we don't do that anymore. Soon is really the most information I can provide based on my knowledge of how far firmware is progressing, if it's going to be over 6 months for example I wouldn't say soon. I'm not saying it's going to take 6 months, that's just an example.