Destiny 2 (PC) XR1000 Setup Tips? Anything to help with de-sync in crucible PvP would be amazing!

I seem to have a huge problem in Destiny 2 with the game just being incredibly laggy and out of sync. I take damage before a player even appears in my field of view - literally bullets from nowhere, and even just instantly keel over despite not taking any damage that I could react to. I can watch bullets/projectiles totally miss me and then take damage from them despite being nowhere near them. My shots / damage on other players either doesn't even register at all or is incredibly delayed - to the point that I will get credit for a kill while reloading long after I've disengaged and moved away - or I just won't get the kill at all and their health will literally just bounce back up - and this is despite seeing the actual feedback from the game that I am getting hits (hit markers, damage numbers, etc.). For example, I take shots 1>2>3 and get hit markers and damage that *should* register a kill, so I move behind cover and reload. shortly after the game finally recognizes the kill. The delay means I am constantly working way harder than I should be to secure a kill, and it's so frustrating. These connection issues are starting to leak into the main PvE portion of the game as well, with teleporting enemies all over the place and damage just not registering. 

To really sum it up: it is literally like everything I'm seeing is out of sync with what is actually happening. I know that it *shouldn't* be like this because occasionally I do have a game or two that work properly, and I can watch other people streaming the game not have the same experience as me. 

I know that this has to be connection related because there are times when the game performs as it should and every action is snappy and my hits register as they should. My PC is hardwired to the router, the router is connected to a Netgear CM1000 v2 modem and I am on Spectrum 1GB plan. Firmware is updated to the latest build and that was done with a factory reset. Destiny is the only game that has these issues. Battlefield, PUBG, All kinds of other shooters on PC and console all have solid in-game connections and I don't experience the level of de-sync or lag playing online.

I have tried Geo-filtering to try and keep myself on local servers, but that seems to have no effect at all besides kicking me off if I set it to strict. I know destiny and geofiltering doesn't really work anyway. I have tried 70%/70% on the QoS sliders, and even reduced it further as well, although I currently have it set on the settings it found by running the auto setup. I am running with no ports forwarded and no prioritizations currently, following a reset and I just let UPnP set up ports so that I can switch from my PC to my laptop. I was having issues with random disconnects in-game (throughout the game, not just pvp) and I found several reddit posts that discussed turning IPv6 on, which fixed that problem. IPv6 is correctly configured and I am pulling an IPv6 address properly. IPv6 also helped with loading certain menus and areas in-game as well. My PC has a static IP assigned to it, so does my laptop. Ironically, I seem to have a less laggy and de-synced experience when I am playing from my laptop on wifi - Destiny seems to punish me for trying to have a stable and consistent connection - but it still has issues.

Is there a specific way I should be setting up QoS? Should I create a new traffic prioritization rule or does DUMAOS Games cover everything? Is there a way that the steam data relays are configured that just mean I'm out of luck?

Do you need other screenshots?

Thank you!

ConnectionTest04-04-2023.thumb.png.160df61ad65be3ba5672987bb5cbd5bc.pngPingHeatmap.thumb.png.0a2b5d7f2de0dd53145b4bdb525e9e5d.pngcongestion.thumb.png.159def1ac21c2463491063ed477506f7.pngTrafficPrioritization.thumb.png.09954b20d6e91c916f0907a9b80667ce.png

You should manually add the PC for it to be prioritized properly and my man that horrible ping under load you should decrease the sliders to at least 70 or lower  percent I have mines setup way differently since I am console gamer but regardless try to find the least amount of ping under load.

If you want both worlds I suggest just having it auto enable so that when your not necessarily playing game qos is not active and for stuff like browsing are blazing fast for however many users you have on household. So when your gaming qos is active and when not gaming it disabled it all preference.

How you would set it up for PC is add the device in traffic prioritization and select the game you want prioritized and if it not there then add the ports manually. I would also recommend turning off dumaos classified and work at home personally it just messes up if someone else tries to join and has a port being forwarded it then takes away bandwidth which affects your ping in games.

Ping under load is basically buffer bloat you don't want high buffer bloat when gaming you want the least amount so it as responsive as possible.

Oh yeah also to see your actual buffer bloat ping accurately you need to have it on always and then test and see what goes and yes geofilter will kick you out of severs that depending on how you set up your geofilter primarily a game like a apex sbmm will force you to play in particular regions not much you can do.

In addition ipv6 is useless that why it manually disabled in modern games it not used or globally it just marketing crap maybe in the future it be useful but by that time id guess there be ipv7 or whatever it named it really just an ip for identifications.

• Administrators

Some decent advice above regarding your bufferbloat results. It does sound like more of a game issue if every other game works perfectly fine for you and if the issue is starting to move into PvE then it sounds like their servers are having some issues. Try the above though and let us know how you get on.

It's interesting - when I originally upgraded firmware and factory reset, I let the router measure my speeds and I let it set up the anti-bufferbloat sliders - that's where it ended up. I let it run through auto setup again, and now my DL is at 50% and upload is at 99%. 

I've had some improvement with just that. Does DumaOS games traffic prioritization recognize *any* game traffic? Like if my wife turns on her Switch, would that then also get prioritized?

As far as my ping under load test - it's still showing that it's terrible. I have read elsewhere on here to take that with a grain of salt though, and that it may not be super reliable. Is that the case here? I've tried other testing sites and I get varying results.

• Administrators

If you have DumaOS Classified Games enabled (it is by default) then yes that would be prioritized, if you don't want that to happen disable it and add a manual rule for your gaming device.

Don't use Auto Setup, do this instead for better results, start with a high value for Congestion Control, say 95% then do a test, decrease by 10%, test, decrease by 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good and then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. It's important to note that Download & Upload on Congestion Control don't have to be the same value and that you may have a better experience with differing values.