Cant setup R2, or access UI in any way after trying all offered support

davidsss74

Came back from vacation, and my R2 is completely inaccessible. Starting to think i have the same issue as the user from this thread 

factory reset the router, and i connect to wifi, and then it immediately drops out the second i try to access ui at 192.168.77.1 . i did the manual ip address setting to .100 and everything. I noticed that literally ever time i go to access ui, it power cycles or something because i notice the internet led and the 2 wifi leds go out and back on. i somehow accessed the r2 with the iOS app, but that is of no help since i cant change any settings needed, or perform a firmware upgrade. i even tried a factory reset with the iOS app since it apparently let me, and still no luck. I also performed all of this over wifi, over ethernet, several different ethernet cables, and with WAN plugged and unplugged. I am at a full loss on what to do. Ive had this R2 for quite awhile now, near when it came out, so am i out a router now, or is there something else to try and do? thanks ahead of time.

What browser are u using to access the UI? Would also recommend using incognito

Also make sure https is disabled on the browser

I'd suggest setting it up will not plugged to your modem and then after doing your setup connecting it and see the results.

I already did all that. I said it in my post above that i tried with and without wan plugged in, and only over wifi and only ethernet. i have tried all major browsers; chrome, firefox, and opera gx, and 3 different systems. windows 11 pc, macbook m1 pro, and an phone 13 pro max.

1 minute ago, davidsss74 said:

I already did all that. I said it in my post above that i tried with and without wan plugged in, and only over wifi and only ethernet. i have tried all major browsers; chrome, firefox, and opera gx, and 3 different systems. windows 11 pc, macbook m1 pro, and an phone 13 pro max.

Possibility of router failure and at that point I can't be much of help not moderator and policies pretty much speak for themselves

did you hold the pin button for 40 secs?

yeah, thats why i linked the other thread, because it seemed like they were willing to help out with a replacement even though i bought it in march 2021, same as that guy. yes, at least 40 seconds, almost a minute or more a few times. i tried that with different variations a couple dozen times.

• Administrators

It's possible it's not receiving the proper power, is it plugged into an extender? If so please try direct to a wall outlet. Otherwise do you have another power adapter of similar voltage that you can try with?

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's possible it's not receiving the proper power, is it plugged into an extender? If so please try direct to a wall outlet. Otherwise do you have another power adapter of similar voltage that you can try with?

Can you tell me the exact specs of adapter i need for the R2 so i can try a new one?

On 6/8/2023 at 9:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Here is a picture:

IMG_8014.png

the cable diameter is 2.0mm

just bought another adapter, same specs, and the same thing is happening. i hard reset the router, all the lights come on, i wait a moment, then i connect on my macbook, go to 192.168.77.1, and it doesn't load, and then i notice the R2 just restarts. happens every time

49 minutes ago, davidsss74 said:

just bought another adapter, same specs, and the same thing is happening. i hard reset the router, all the lights come on, i wait a moment, then i connect on my macbook, go to 192.168.77.1, and it doesn't load, and then i notice the R2 just restarts. happens every time

Try this.

Disconnect everything from the R2. Internet, PC, EVERY Ethernet chord.

Then use a pin to reset the back of the R2, hold for about 30 seconds and then release. Wait about 5 minutes. After waiting, first try connecting to the "Netduma R2" Wi-Fi name with a phone or Wi-Fi from PC, using the default password on the bottom of the R2. Once you are connected to Wi-Fi, you should be able to access 192.168.77.1. Go through the setup using Wi-Fi first, even without Internet. Just go through the setup and then once you see the R2 interface dashboard(with the network status, graph, etc.). Start with connecting your Internet first (Ethernet coming from internet Modem to R2) and then disconnect from Wi-Fi if using PC Wi-Fi and connect with Ethernet with PC. Wait about 5 more minutes and then reboot the R2 from the dashboard. You should be good to go.

16 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Try this.

Disconnect everything from the R2. Internet, PC, EVERY Ethernet chord.

Then use a pin to reset the back of the R2, hold for about 30 seconds and then release. Wait about 5 minutes. After waiting, first try connecting to the "Netduma R2" Wi-Fi name with a phone or Wi-Fi from PC, using the default password on the bottom of the R2. Once you are connected to Wi-Fi, you should be able to access 192.168.77.1. Go through the setup using Wi-Fi first, even without Internet. Just go through the setup and then once you see the R2 interface dashboard(with the network status, graph, etc.). Start with connecting your Internet first (Ethernet coming from internet Modem to R2) and then disconnect from Wi-Fi if using PC Wi-Fi and connect with Ethernet with PC. Wait about 5 more minutes and then reboot the R2 from the dashboard. You should be good to go.

ive done that like 100 times now. every time i type in the ip in any browser on any device, the R2 immediately restarts. every. single. time.

• Administrators

Unplug the R2 from power, wait for 10 seconds, hold the Factory Reset button, while continuing to hold plug the power back into the R2 and keep holding the reset for 30 seconds then release. Wait 2 minutes, then try accessing please and see if you can go through the setup wizard.