XR500 setup with Virgin Media Hub 3.0

• Administrators

That's great to hear, thanks for the update!

Those settings are good, the only thing I would maybe consider changing is the mode for 5GHz from 4800Mbps to 2400Mbps (whatever the value is below 4800) as you may see better compatibility with devices but if it's all working I don't think it's worth changing anything.

I would suggest re-doing QoS as they do both have different hardware so the values that work the best may differ. Auto Setup is still being improved on so I'd ignore that and do it manually until you find the value that is good for you.

Thanks Fraser, something I have noticed is that the DumaOS is very slow and often times out from what your changing. Changing the QoS sliders for example results in a time out after a minute or two. I noticed an old thread mentioned similar experiences back in 2020, is there anything I can do? Considering I am on the latest firmware

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, endo2406 said:

Thanks Fraser, something I have noticed is that the DumaOS is very slow and often times out from what your changing. Changing the QoS sliders for example results in a time out after a minute or two. I noticed an old thread mentioned similar experiences back in 2020, is there anything I can do? Considering I am on the latest firmware

Do you have Armor enabled by any chance? Clearing the browser cache/cookies and then refreshing each page should make it load quicker from then on

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, endo2406 said:

Is Armor on by default? It says not activated when I click top right of the menu. My browser has cache disabled and I did also clear it with the cookies too

Okay that's good, are you accessing/is the browser forcing a connection to the interface using HTTPS? If so HTTP will be much faster.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, endo2406 said:

I am always connecting via http, thanks

There is no other way to speed up the interface then but it shouldn't be timing out at all, what firmware version are you on currently?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, endo2406 said:

I did factory reset after upgrading, how can I go about re-upgrading? Do I need to downgrade to a previous version then do it that way?

No you can just upload the same firmware you're on currently and then upgrade