Issues with GbE LAN vs 2.5GbE LAN on XR1000

Hello. I just set up my XR1000 for the first time today and am in the process of configuring the various features/settings.

While looking at the Deice Manager, I noticed that my PC was showing as offline.

I tried reconnecting, running speed tests to see if it triggers the online status, etc.

I noticed that even though it shows as offline, when attempting to delete the device, it states that it's unable to because it is online.

After experimenting with trying different ports I realized that I was plugged into a 2.5GbE LAN port on my motherboard.

I instead switched it to the standard GbE LAN port and the Device Manager immediately detected it as online.

Is this a bug or does the XR1000/DumaOS currently not support 2.5GbE?

pc1.png

pc2.png

Just a graphical bug, I think!

By default, network cards are auto-negotiated!

You can change the metric of the network card in case another one takes over your PC ....

Can also be the EEE function to be turned off on the card! It's definitely something that brings only problems!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That's very interesting, I don't think we've had anyone report this behavior specifically when using that kind of network adapter. I will make a ticket for this issue, however, the ports on the router are limited to 1Gbps.