ronin mask

toby jugs

lol at a supposedly legendary item that 10 people in a lobby were wearing earlier

i got it in the first match of the evening and i'm guessing nearly everyone has it already?

it looks very similar too if not exactly the same to one of the original sentinel helmets

lol at a supposedly legendary item that 10 people in a lobby were wearing earlier

i got it in the first match of the evening and i'm guessing nearly everyone has it already?

it looks very similar too if not exactly the same to one of the original sentinel helmets

Yeah I got it tonight :)

Yup it looks just like one of the first ones you unlock,

Since getting the zombie head and Aviators I have not changed my guy at all. Love it.

post-788-0-17074100-1438291580_thumb.jpg

post-788-0-70569300-1438291351_thumb.jpg

Apart from when I get the Lilly mask. So called cause it looks just like my mates dog called Lilly lol

I saw a video on this topic this morning on the train and it kind of had me pondering a couple of things about Sledgehammer and AW.

Let's shift the lens 90-degrees here and just say, for the sake of argument, that we all LOVED AW and it didn't have the issues we have seen documented here with Netcoding and SBMM and low player counts and yada, yada.

I think this is a company in SHG, that while experienced in programming and working on a game like Call of Duty, are really brand new to being point on such a wide ranging and hard to please fan base.

I do think they have done some things right though, and that includes little things like adding a piece of gear "for free" just for playing.  I don't personally believe it should have been a new over powered gun or some special OP gear that effects the game.  You can't suddenly shift the balance of power this late in the games cycle as you shit all over the hardcore fans that have been grinding your game.

However I do believe they should have gotten some hungry graphics kids out of a local programming tech hotspot/tech school/whatever and turned them loose with a few helmet and exo-suit skins and let their creative juices run.  Get a couple of street artists that "consult" for a fee and have them design you something, then have your programmers recreate it for the game on the existing skins. 

Then give everyone a token a let them shop for one of three or five choices and pick one they like for free.  While they are there, maybe they add another item or two to their shopping cart.  Maybe they like all three and you can milk them for an extra $5 for the other two?   I think that would be cool and I would support, IF I LIKED THE GAME.

Stuff like this is going to be the future.  We are a "need it now, off the shelf, Wal*mart shopping" society.  It's not like we are going back when every person with a Facebook/Twitter account wants their 15 minutes.

I think they have had some good ideas, I just don't think they went about executing them in the best way possible given their experience, or their timelines.

I am hopeful for AW 2 however.  If they fine tune a few things, and maybe scale back on the need to push the envelope, AW 2 could be a solid game.

Archived