Connecting to Hosts outside of filter

FQs19

I keep connecting to hosts outside of the filter. 

I've unchecked the Bleeding Edge cloud and applied the filter like previous users have reported as the fix. Didn't help.

Geo filter Enabled

Strict Mode On

Ping Assist at 0

I will restart the Duma which should fix the problem but I do not think I should have to reboot the router every day.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edit:

I'm playing CoDAW on Xbox1

1437688004-U1511.png

I thought maybe the anticheat but I switched to a different game mode and then after that didn't work I waited the two minutes to clear the hosts. 

Yea I'm in Indiana and connect to Seattle servers on a daily basis yet they have a 15ms ping. So most likely they are located in Chicago but incorrectly located on that map. 

Restarting the Duma fixed the issue of connecting outside the filter. 

Just really don't want to have to reboot the Duma every time I go to use it.

1437689990-U1511.png

I've never connected to anything outside the filter with strict mode on and ping assist at 0 so who knows.

If it was ping assist the circles would be dotted not a solid circle... First try doing a force refresh on the page with Control F5.

Or have you tried deleting the service and readding it?

1. Disconnect the ethernet to your x1

2. Restart the R1

3. Go to device manager

4. Click edit

5. Delete Xbox 1

Then go back hook up your x1 again and add it to the geo filter. Then do a hard refresh on the page (control F5) and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't work, change ping assist to 1. Restart the R1 from the settings, not a hard reset by pulling the power. Then switch it back to 0 and do a restart from the settings again.

I usually refresh the browser after every couple games or after every game if I'm seeing bad games and problems. 

So that wasn't it.

I will delete the Xbox from the device manager and try re-adding it again. 

Also wondering if having both my Xbox1 and PS4 Enabled at the same time is causing issues. 

I've read somewhere on the forum before that the Duma wasn't designed to be running multiple filters at the same time. 

Even though my PS4 is currently off, I guess it could still be getting a signal because it is in Rest Mode. 

I usually refresh the browser after every couple games or after every game if I'm seeing bad games and problems. 

So that wasn't it.

I will delete the Xbox from the device manager and try re-adding it again. 

Also wondering if having both my Xbox1 and PS4 Enabled at the same time is causing issues. 

I've read somewhere on the forum before that the Duma wasn't designed to be running multiple filters at the same time. 

Even though my PS4 is currently off, I guess it could still be getting a signal because it is in Rest Mode. 

It's possible that having both is causing problems... I never ran both at once before, but I do know in rest mode the ps4 still uses an internet connection so it is possible.

Off topic... I wish I had 9ms ping. I'm on Comcast in south jersey and I expect a speed bump to ~175 mbps on Blast soon.

Hate to log in every time I want to play a game. 

Super lazy. 

But if that's what I got to do then that's what I've got to do. 

Thanks everyone

Hate to log in every time I want to play a game. 

Super lazy. 

But if that's what I got to do then that's what I've got to do. 

Thanks everyone

Just get in the habit of turning off your filter when you're done playing

Guess I shouldn't have fixed it, can't find a single game. 

It keeps trying to connect to Seattle servers. 

1437691979-U1511.png

Try what I do...

Set your location in the ocean

Put your geo filter as small as possible

Strict mode on

Ping assist to about 35-55ms depending on how long you are searching for a game. I keep mine on 60 and I find it works best for me. But everyone's base ping is different. Start at 30ms and move up 5ms until you find a game. Back out each time you change it and search again.

I've done that method before but I always connect to the Seattle dedi and can't stand it. 

Well it's not a single server there. Most of them are there on the MAP, but that doesn't mean that's exactly where they are located. I ping 10-15ms to most of the servers there and I'm in jersey. That's not physically possible so that means they are not located in Seattle.

In fact the server that is mapped to be in the jersey area has the worst ping for me of about 80ms and the way I have my setup going I never connect to it since it's above my ping range.

My ping to Seattle http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/974627324.png

Which is pretty accurate because the Xbox dashboard usually puts me at about 90ms ping which is going to Seattle. So if I'm pinging <20 ms to game servers that means they are about 200 miles or less from me and that's as good as you're gonna get for gaming.

• Netduma Staff

I thought maybe the anticheat but I switched to a different game mode and then after that didn't work I waited the two minutes to clear the hosts. 

Had all the dormant hosts gone? You need to wait for those to disappear with is ~2mins :)

Also, if you're having trouble connecting to games, go to Settings >> Miscellaneous and make sure bleeding edge cloud is ticked. Even if it is ticked, click 'apply' :)

Just a thought, I do not have many. You mentioned that you refresh your browser every few games, this should not be needed. Have you tried turning off any antivirus software such as AVG?

Had all the dormant hosts gone? You need to wait for those to disappear with is ~2mins :)

Also, if you're having trouble connecting to games, go to Settings >> Miscellaneous and make sure bleeding edge cloud is ticked. Even if it is ticked, click 'apply' :)

I did wait the +2 mins until the hosts cleared the filter.

I tried both with and without Bleeding Edge clicked. Having it clicked now keeps me from getting into a game. Host booting constantly. 

Locks are appearing down the entire West Coast of USA.

Just a thought, I do not have many. You mentioned that you refresh your browser every few games, this should not be needed. Have you tried turning off any antivirus software such as AVG?

I refresh the browser, which is Chrome, just out of habit. It sometimes freezes. I do not have any anitvirus on my Macbook which is what I use. 

Archived