Waveform Bufferbloat on XR1000 Aus only

Baturi

3 hours ago, Baturi said:

any aussies here that have 1gb/50 plan if you do and you use qos to eliminate bufferbloat pls respond here i'm having major issues to even get buffer bloat fixed 

What issues are you having exactly? What are the symptoms?

How have you currently got QoS configured? I'm sure we can help illeviate this for you.

15 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What issues are you having exactly? What are the symptoms?

How have you currently got QoS configured? I'm sure we can help illeviate this for you.

with QoS  setup im doing everything i can starting from 100% sliders both DL/UL all the way down and my unloaded is always at 2-3ms but download can never ever get below 8ms loaded and UL is just another level of weirdness from 45mbps UL down to 8mbps tested and always sitting at 20+ms active time. 

whats more weird to me is whenever i lets say leave my DL to 280Mbps and i get 8-10ms active time and i only get to adjust my UL sliders to any percentage my DL ms active time starts to get even more increased when i have not even touched it. so overall it super inconsistent and i cannot figure out how to set QoS properly enough 

8 hours ago, Baturi said:

with QoS  setup im doing everything i can starting from 100% sliders both DL/UL all the way down and my unloaded is always at 2-3ms but download can never ever get below 8ms loaded and UL is just another level of weirdness from 45mbps UL down to 8mbps tested and always sitting at 20+ms active time. 

whats more weird to me is whenever i lets say leave my DL to 280Mbps and i get 8-10ms active time and i only get to adjust my UL sliders to any percentage my DL ms active time starts to get even more increased when i have not even touched it. so overall it super inconsistent and i cannot figure out how to set QoS properly enough 

How are you testing this? What results do you get if you set Congestion Control to 'Always' and put the sliders to 50%, then run a Connection Benchmark test from the interface. Can you perhaps provide a screenshot?

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

How are you testing this? What results do you get if you set Congestion Control to 'Always' and put the sliders to 50%, then run a Connection Benchmark test from the interface. Can you perhaps provide a screenshot?

i test it through waveform bufflerbloat in the image sliders set to 50% both dl ul which results 467mbps DL and 23.6mbps UL

Screenshot (64).png

6 hours ago, Baturi said:

i test it through waveform bufflerbloat in the image sliders set to 50% both dl ul which results 467mbps DL and 23.6mbps UL

Was Congestion Control definitely set to 'Always' when you ran this test? If so, can you lower the Download slider 5% at a time and run a test between each adjustment. What's the lowest you can get your ping under load result?

On 2/15/2023 at 9:18 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Was Congestion Control definitely set to 'Always' when you ran this test? If so, can you lower the Download slider 5% at a time and run a test between each adjustment. What's the lowest you can get your ping under load result?

yeah it was set to always. and its still the same on waveform 8ms-9ms lowest for DL 

On 2/17/2023 at 10:21 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Let's focus on getting the scores right in Connection Benchmark first, then we can invesigate what waveform reports.

Can you please repeat the process I mentioned above with Connection Benchmark tests and let us know what the best results you get are?

results are all same however if i was to put the DL slider to 70% which then gives me 700mbps does my overall speed test should drop along with its slider percentage? for example the slider is set to 70% = to 700mbps but overall speeds are still at my limit 934mbps. like this image for example some how it did 161mbps overall with much better scores then before but at the same slider percentage which is 70% 

Screenshot (74).png

13 hours ago, Baturi said:

okay i dont know how this worked but i have done 3 runs and putting the slider to 10% gave me better scores than other 2 runs from 15% to 20% now to 10% i'll test in game to see how to goes 

Screenshot (75).png

who are you with sky virgin media ??

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 11:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah excellent, keep us posted!

after a few weeks i certainly feel like under load test on dumaos is just a bypass to qos because i play on my good bufferbloat setting resulted on dumaos which in game feels much worse than having qos off 

4 hours ago, Baturi said:

after a few weeks i certainly feel like under load test on dumaos is just a bypass to qos because i play on my good bufferbloat setting resulted on dumaos which in game feels much worse than having qos off 

That is very strange. There is a new DPI update coming out for the XR500 alongside the new firmware. If you wanted to, I can add you to the early access group and you can test it out?

13 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That is very strange. There is a new DPI update coming out for the XR500 alongside the new firmware. If you wanted to, I can add you to the early access group and you can test it out?

if this also is for XR1000 then sure they'll be great to test out