BT Fiber Xr500 Slow

no not put it in AP mode just been using my isp router for a while then thought i would have another go at trying to get the xr500 sorted plugged it in and it was like this the ip to login was 10.0.0.1

• Administrators

To login to the XR was 10.0.0.1? Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 10.0.0.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 10.0.0.1

DNS: 10.0.0.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 10.0.0.1 please and see if it works.

no still not login in the only lights that come on the router are the usb2 stays solid white and eth flashes white when i disconnect power the usb2 light and all the eth flash once when i restart my computer the eth light turns orange and i cannot reset to default  if that helps

I know I tell everyone to do a basic procedure to me but it is very strong move. 

have you held the reset button on the back of router for about 15 or 20 seconds to completely factory reset the router? 

I find starting over from beginning helps majority of issues, we get real familiar with entering everything all over again and sometimes come across something we missed. 

Do you have to let your isp know you are using your own hardware so they can provision your account accordingly? You might not have to do this but it’s worth a shot calling them and telling them you are using your own router. All they will tell you is if you can use your own router they won’t be able to help you technically past their side of things, but hey that’s what we are here for 🤘🏾

• Administrators

I'd suggest reupgrading the firmware using the TFTP method, this bypasses the boot process and any issues there then once done do a factory reset for the freshest install possible: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-from-the-Microsoft-Windows-Command-Prompt?article=000059634

• Administrators

Unplug the R2 from power, wait for 10 seconds, hold the Factory Reset button, while continuing to hold plug the power back into the R2 and keep holding the reset for 30 seconds then release. Wait 2 minutes, then try accessing please and see if you can go through the setup wizard.