BT Fiber Xr500 Slow

I have BT full fiber with with open reach ont socket on the wall connected to the xr500 with the cat5 cable supplied with the BT router I only get 400-500 download but with the bt router I get 900-950 could any one help me 

• Administrators

Hello, welcome to the forum!

Are ALL devices connected to the XR router or do you still have some connected to the BT hub? You'll need to put the XR WAN IP (found on the System Information page) into the BT router DMZ and that will help as well.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, mnequest said:

So but the xr500 in ap mode

The XR will still be in router mode, the BT Hub will handle PPPoE so you can then take out the PPPoE details on the XR. Then do the DMZ setting I mentioned previously and once you've done that check the speeds while connected to the XR.

Hello I have connected the xr500 to the bt router factory reset router followed wizard getting full speed on test but can't get past setting up router password get bad gateway 

Sorted this when I run the qos test speed only get 400-500 still but in setup full speed

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

No worries at all. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, then wait 2 minutes then old the reset button for 30 seconds, then wait 2 minutes before accessing the interface and see if it works please