A few traffic prio questions

Hi - just have a few traffic prio questions, as I am not very knowledgeable on this stuff:

1. What's the difference between DumaOS Classified Games vs. adding "Call of Duty" prio for your console?
  2. If you want to prioritize port 3074 UDP for COD, how should the source/destination be set up, and the start/end for each?
  3. Is DPI always working - or is it tied to certain traffic prios?
  4. I see sometimes that when I'm playing COD, the network monitor says I'm playing rocket league. Is this normal?

For context, I play on ps5, use a R2 router, and am on the 3.3.166 firmware.

To answer your points:

1. Classified games is a pre-classified collection of games that DumaOS recognises and detects automatically. Adding the rule manually is useful for games that aren't in DumaOS classified games, although Call of Duty already is so you shouldn't notice any difference.
  2. Source can be left at 1-65535, then destination would be 3074-3074.
  3. If you've got QoS enabled, it's always watching traffic to see if anything is 'priority' traffic. It's then prioritising appropriately.
  4. That's known, we're progressively updating DPI over the cloud so you'll eventually stop seeing games classified in Network Monitor as other games. Thanks for reporting that!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

To answer your points:

1. Classified games is a pre-classified collection of games that DumaOS recognises and detects automatically. Adding the rule manually is useful for games that aren't in DumaOS classified games, although Call of Duty already is so you shouldn't notice any difference.
  2. Source can be left at 1-65535, then destination would be 3074-3074.
  3. If you've got QoS enabled, it's always watching traffic to see if anything is 'priority' traffic. It's then prioritising appropriately.
  4. That's known, we're progressively updating DPI over the cloud so you'll eventually stop seeing games classified in Network Monitor as other games. Thanks for reporting that!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks! Do these updates just automatically happen or do we need to do something to update the R2 /  3.3.166 firmware?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CheckoutCoachCam said:

Thanks! Do these updates just automatically happen or do we need to do something to update the R2 /  3.3.166 firmware?

You don't need to do anything, we update it via the cloud and it will download automatically onto your R2. You can resync the cloud in Device Manager, Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap and that will check the cloud to see if there is a newer version and in the event that an update hasn't already been uploaded to you it will download that.