engagement optimized matchmaking (EOMM)

Comp0za

It's good that you can decide the ping, but why not decide which lobby you get with NetDuma? You have the power to influence EOMM and why not give us the opportunity to decide which lobbies we get, a function/ability like geo fencing? I'm considering to get a VPN and I'm soo tired of the sweaty players sweat 24/7 and with all that sweat they should go to gym sweat their asses off there instead. I'm getting punished by playing Modern Warfare 2. And I'm tired of it..

• Administrators

Not sure if that's a question for us or not but we're not going to interfere with game mechanics.

We made some new banners for the Nighthawk and R2 Early Access groups so you'll now get the banner for your group or the R2 banner if you're in both groups.

The only known way to somewhat manipulate it is by playing in regions with low player counts (Majority of "low player count regions" are already flooded with people trying to do the exact same thing)

SBMM?EOMM essentially tries to place you in a lobby as close to your skill level as possible. With a VPN that claims to bypass SBMM , Bot lobbies etc it simply changes your geo location and blocks servers outside the chosen region (like Netduma with a changed geo location)

On 1/19/2023 at 7:20 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Not sure if that's a question for us or not but we're not going to interfere with game mechanics.

We made some new banners for the Nighthawk and R2 Early Access groups so you'll now get the banner for your group or the R2 banner if you're in both groups.

so you really considering EOMM/SBMM a game mechanic? Intresting...

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Comp0za said:

We are a router company with the sole purpose of helping people improve their connection, we understand why people want to circumvent SBMM but it's not something we will get involved in. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 12:18 PM, Comp0za said:

On 1/20/2023 at 12:25 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We are a router company with the sole purpose of helping people improve their connection, we understand why people want to circumvent SBMM but it's not something we will get involved in. 

Yeah, good call. As someone that deals with agreements being a network engineer for a living, this could be considered full blown tampering. We're lucky COD, OW, BF and others haven't pulled a halo infinite and removed the ability to geo-filter all together. Just some food for thought.