MWII servers disappeared since few days.

JustinCase

As in title, my MWII servers on ping-heatmap (on R2, latest firmware) are no more there, for every other game servers are correctly displayed.

Everything started some days ago, with the latest game update (season 1 reloaded), at first just 2 servers could be found with a woefully high ping (around 275-276ms), now every-each-one of the 38? 36? servers in the list are failing, they simply doesn't answer anymore.

I tried almost everything in my knowledge (I'm an IT pro for a living), except resetting the whole router, it highly seems AB has done some hardening to their network to lock out ICMP monitoring, if not, something has gone down the drain in my R2 database.

Before popping my "ultimate" (factory reset, probably useless, since only MWII and WZII are no more pingable), I'd like to have feedback from you.

Except this, as a general feedback, QoS works like a charm, but it seems geomap never worked as intended, since the beginning of my experience both servers and users were often displayed as ping-assist ones even with ping-assist disabled or while standing within the borders of the polygon mode I'm using, auto-ping seems just cosmetic in its current state, sometimes it only allows a fraction of a second to keep an eye on what's happening, let alone react to its job, now many users (whom I'm sure doesn't have changed a single bit in their network config) are completely not displayed anymore, the feeling is "it's unstable at best".

On a side note, as a suggestion, I'd like to see context menus to black/whitelist servers and users and maybe the ability to manually add a desired IP to a list, or, in general, let say "more flexibility for users, either basic or advanced ones".

Thanks in advance.

had to make an account just to chime in and say i agree. just now my geolocation isnt even working anymore . and all 36 servers are failing to ping. idk. its only worked like once for me and that was after i had to factory reset like 5 times consecutively of downgrading and testing if before 3.0 was better but its always been not good.

On 12/19/2022 at 10:59 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum both!

Thanks for feeding back on this, we're going to do a Ping Heatmap update today so you should start seeing servers again soon.

Hi Liam,

Still doesn`t working.

net.jpg

• Administrators
14 hours ago, GregC said:

Same issue, very frustrating, I've factory reset the router and everything.

Adding an image of what it looks like on the ping heatmap. . 

Hello, welcome to the forum!

We'll do a cloud update, it won't impact your ability to use the Geo-Filter and ping servers there.