Help connecting to Finland (Helsinki) server

Old J

I’m having an issue. I can’t find the Helsinki server. Im wondering if anyone could be so kind and try and connect to it to see if it’s active or not. I’m talking about mw2. Would mean a lot!

• Old J changed the title to Help connecting to Finland (Helsinki) server

With geo filter yes. I’ve never been able to connect. Not on any game mode. However I suspect I was on that server the first two matches when the game launched. I didn’t check my geo filter then, but my ping was around 25, and I don’t get that ping that low on any other server. The same thing happened the first two ever warzone games I played years ago. 

it’s like the game detects my skill after two matches and never put me in that server ever again. Should be able to see it when booting up the game though 

59 minutes ago, Old J said:

With geo filter yes. I’ve never been able to connect. Not on any game mode. However I suspect I was on that server the first two matches when the game launched. I didn’t check my geo filter then, but my ping was around 25, and I don’t get that ping that low on any other server. The same thing happened the first two ever warzone games I played years ago. 

it’s like the game detects my skill after two matches and never put me in that server ever again. Should be able to see it when booting up the game though 

When you boot the game can you see a server in that region appear? It may just be that they've changed their infrastructure. They seem to do that a lot when the new game launches.

Nah. The Finnish server is not there. I don’t understand it. It’s there on the heatmap, but I think you got it wrong. It’s not in Finland, so it has to be somewhere else. Would be really nice if we could figure this out. That server could save the game for me

• Administrators

If you have a low ping to it then it will be in that area somewhere most likely, on the Geo-Filter put your home location in the ocean, set Ping Assist to 30ms and then search for a game, can you get a game under 30 and if so where is it located? 

I tried that before and the issue is that my ingame ping is always higher than the one in Geo-Filter. To my understanding this has something to do with cod adding processing delay on top. Just don’t understand how someone could have 2-10 MS ingame ping then. 

30MS on ping assist gives games up to 60MS ingame. I’ll try and experiment a bit with lower values.