just stopped working

rusty_b

R2 stopped working at all. I enabled geo-filter to play COD, then went to play battlefield. since i've had my R1 i could never get into a battlefield game with geo-filter enabled, so i disabled it but it still would not load me into a game of battlefield (could still get into other games fine) so i rebooted the router from the interface. After reboot, nothing worked. wifi didn't work, could not access interface, no internet connection at all. unplugged my router and modem several times, pushed button on router several times but nothing. had to go back to my old netgear router and everything connects fine....don't know if R2 is bricked or if something can be done

11 hours ago, rusty_b said:

R2 stopped working at all. I enabled geo-filter to play COD, then went to play battlefield. since i've had my R1 i could never get into a battlefield game with geo-filter enabled, so i disabled it but it still would not load me into a game of battlefield (could still get into other games fine) so i rebooted the router from the interface. After reboot, nothing worked. wifi didn't work, could not access interface, no internet connection at all. unplugged my router and modem several times, pushed button on router several times but nothing. had to go back to my old netgear router and everything connects fine....don't know if R2 is bricked or if something can be done

Can you connect directly to the R2 via ethernet and see if you're able to access the DumaOS interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Can you connect directly to the R2 via ethernet and see if you're able to access the DumaOS interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?

i did and it let me access the interface, but started up with the duma set-up but keeps saying there is no internet connection. won't let me past that point because it won't find a connection. when i have my other router connected, internet works fine

• Administrators

Click WAN Setup and then you can skip and complete the rest of the wizard, once you've done that, reboot your modem, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the R1 from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if you get internet

On 11/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Click WAN Setup and then you can skip and complete the rest of the wizard, once you've done that, reboot your modem, wait 2 minutes, then reboot the R1 from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if you get internet

did all that. access to dashboard again but still won't connect to internet.

Which Battlefield are you playing? Dependent on where you live (what i have noticed anyway) -  if you decrease the geo-filter too small it can knock out part of the EA gaming service for example...  the friends list may not work at all. Happened to me last night in BF2042.

Just to add, the friends list in BF2042 stopped work but the friends list in the new EA desktop app was still working. Very odd stuff. I would think both would stop working but hey ho. While the game was still running I increased the Geo-Filter and the friends list populated again. Could just be BF2042 tho ha! that game has been riddled with bugs!

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Just to add, the friends list in BF2042 stopped work but the friends list in the new EA desktop app was still working. Very odd stuff. I would think both would stop working but hey ho. While the game was still running I increased the Geo-Filter and the friends list populated again. Could just be BF2042 tho ha! that game has been riddled with bugs!

Check when the Geo-Filter is small and while the friends list isn't populating, there may be a server blocked that can be allowed so that it will work no matter your settings, if you find it let us know the ID and we can allow it.

7 hours ago, Yoda said:

Which Battlefield are you playing? Dependent on where you live (what i have noticed anyway) -  if you decrease the geo-filter too small it can knock out part of the EA gaming service for example...  the friends list may not work at all. Happened to me last night in BF2042.

2042, but i figured out why I couldn't get on. I disabled my crossplay on xbox to play cod then got on to battlefield and re-enabled crossplay but didn't realize when the xbox crossplay is off it automatically turns the battlfield crossplay off so once i changed that in the battlefield settings I was able to find games. It's still extremely difficult for me to find battlefield games when I have my geo-filter enabled

sorry, trying to do that but the xfinity modemcan't be accessed through the admin tool anymore, you have to do it through the xfinity app, and it's not letting me do it through there so now i'm working with xfinity to figure out why i can't access the router settings. I did take it out of bridge mode and my netduma had internet for a minute....but couldn't access the dmz yet

11 hours ago, rusty_b said:

that seems to have sorted it out, thank you. since i have 2 wifi networks, should i only use the netduma wifi though, will connecting to the xfinity wifi mess anything up?

If possible, disable the Xfinity Wi-Fi, it'd be best to have devices connected to the Netduma router's Wi-Fi.