COD Cold War Geo-Filter not working

UK_Wildcats_Fans

I play COD Cold War almost every day.  Yesterday, it was playing well and today it is not working.  I originally had the geo-filter around the state of California with a ping assist of 30mS.   Today, I keep getting games with 90mS in-game displayed ping.  The servers were not showing up on the geo-filter map.  I tried with disabling and re-enabling the geo-filter and tested again.  I got the same results.   I then deleted the PS5 and re-added followed by rebooting the R2.  I got games with 90mS again.   I then deleted the filter and went to a circle filter in the middle of the ocean with the smallest radius and ping assist to 30mS.  I got another game with 90mS in-game ping.  All this time non of the servers are showing up on the map.  I also resync cloud and this did not help either.

It seems like the geo-filter is not working now.  

2022-11-02 Geo-Filter.jpg

That's odd, could you try the following:

1. Remove your device from Geo-filter
  2. Click the three-line menu in the top left of the Geo-filter map and click 'Resync cloud'
  3. Re-add your device to Geo-filter, be sure to select 'Choose manually' when prompted to pick a service
  4. Reboot the game and test that out

Let me know how you get on with that.

I did that before, and I just repeated those steps again after the PS5 was off for 5 minutes.   I got the exact same results with an  80mS game.  When I normally boot up Cold War with the geo-filter on, I see all the denied servers showing up on the geo-filter map.  I am not seeing any servers denied or allowed except the Netduma one in the UK.  I had a friend join that is Oklahoma bound and his in-game ping was about 20mS less.  Therefore, the in-game ping seems to be working okay.

I remembered that I added a Raspberry Pi4 device (home automation) and the PS5 to the Traffic Controller yesterday or the day before.  I entered a game another game with 80mS ping.  I powered off the PS5, removed the devices from the Traffic Controller, rebooted the R2 and started the process again.  When I started the game, I immediately saw the blocked server locations, which let me know that it was working.  It put me into a 20mS server.   I don't have the time to do more testing right now, but that seems to have caused it.

15 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

I remembered that I added a Raspberry Pi4 device (home automation) and the PS5 to the Traffic Controller yesterday or the day before.  I entered a game another game with 80mS ping.  I powered off the PS5, removed the devices from the Traffic Controller, rebooted the R2 and started the process again.  When I started the game, I immediately saw the blocked server locations, which let me know that it was working.  It put me into a 20mS server.   I don't have the time to do more testing right now, but that seems to have caused it.

Interesting, so you were getting an 80ms reading to the same server you're friend was getting 20ms to?

After removing and re-adding your device, were there still no icons showing on the map?

I am in California.  My friend is in Oklahoma.  Typically a 80-90mS ping are for east coast servers.   I was getting 80-90mS and my friend was getting 20mS less (60-70ms) ping.  This seems expected for east coast games.   

After removing the devices from Traffic Controller,  I rebooted the R2 and PS5.   When I restarted the game watching the Geofilter map, I DID SEE the icons again which let me know that the devices in Traffic Controller were somehow affecting the geofilter.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Yes, that was the rule.  How should the rule have been?  Does the PS5 need to be added?

Traffic Controller is more of a parental control type feature so unless you need to block access to it during certain times then you don't need to add it