Ping Heatmap COD

Yesterday I bought a new ARRIS S33 Modem and hooked up my XR1000 to it. Now when i go to heatmap the lowest ping im seeing is in the mid 60s and higher with 9 successful and 31 failed. Before it was showing everything from 15 and higher for COD Vanguard. The geo filter will only show like 4 servers too and its very difficult to connect to any lobbies and takes forever if it does.

27 minutes ago, dcmss5 said:

Yesterday I bought a new ARRIS S33 Modem and hooked up my XR1000 to it. Now when i go to heatmap the lowest ping im seeing is in the mid 60s and higher with 9 successful and 31 failed. Before it was showing everything from 15 and higher for COD Vanguard. The geo filter will only show like 4 servers too and its very difficult to connect to any lobbies and takes forever if it does.

Could you first please try going to the three-line menu in the top left of the Ping Heatmap panel and Resync the cloud? Check after that if more servers are showing.

If you run a connection benchmark test, do you get similar results to what you were seeing before the new modem?

Ive tried resyncing the cloud multiple times and still nothing. I purchased the new modem solely for my xbox and XR1000 nothing else is connected to it. Everything else in my house is connected to my AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C7800) which my xbox and XR1000 was connected to also. So Im assuming the connection benchmark is different. I cant remember what it was showing before the new modem

40 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you first please try going to the three-line menu in the top left of the Ping Heatmap panel and Resync the cloud? Check after that if more servers are showing.

If you run a connection benchmark test, do you get similar results to what you were seeing before the new modem?

Ive tried resyncing the cloud multiple times and still nothing. I purchased the new modem solely for my xbox and XR1000 nothing else is connected to it. Everything else in my house is connected to my AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C7800) which my xbox and XR1000 was connected to also. So Im assuming the connection benchmark is different. I cant remember what it was showing before the new modem. 

I've checked the Ping Heatmap cloud myself and can see that there's a lot missing. I've notified the team of this and they'll be updating it today. Later on, please try re-syncing your cloud again and the team should have pushed an update, it should all be looking better for you after that.

I noticed my speeds have dropped also. I have gig+ service and was getting 750 or higher for benchmark test and now the max I've hit was 666 yesterday. That was after I went thru and disabled QOS and that whole step by step process also

1 hour ago, dcmss5 said:

I noticed my speeds have dropped also. I have gig+ service and was getting 750 or higher for benchmark test and now the max I've hit was 666 yesterday. That was after I went thru and disabled QOS and that whole step by step process also

That could be due to some variation in the test servers, what if you run a test through speedtest.net? What speeds do you get then?

• Administrators

When introducing new hardware is can take a few days for your connection to 'get used' to it, and then the speeds should return. 

I'd recommend having a good look through our optimal settings guides, that will give you a lot of information and insight on how to best use the router: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 any questions let us know!

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, dcmss5 said:

I'm going thru the optimal settings and my speed is getting worse 

If you're doing the QoS steps then in order to eliminate bufferbloat to give you the best connection speeds will be reduced - you can set to Auto-Enable so it only happens when gaming and when you're not you'll get full speeds

12 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I've checked the Ping Heatmap cloud myself and can see that there's a lot missing. I've notified the team of this and they'll be updating it today. Later on, please try re-syncing your cloud again and the team should have pushed an update, it should all be looking better for you after that.

I've noticed this as well, only like 4 servers showed up in North America and only one in California. There are usually 5x as many and like 5 in California alone. 

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're doing the QoS steps then in order to eliminate bufferbloat to give you the best connection speeds will be reduced - you can set to Auto-Enable so it only happens when gaming and when you're not you'll get full speeds

My speeds are horrendous and now I can't even connect to my 2.4 wifi. I can connect to my 5. I'm about to factory reset this thing. It's driving me crazy

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, dcmss5 said:

My speeds are horrendous and now I can't even connect to my 2.4 wifi. I can connect to my 5. I'm about to factory reset this thing. It's driving me crazy

Did you follow the guide for maximum bandwidth speeds? What did you change prior to the WiFi not working?

It's ok, I factory reset the router and the pic is of my speeds during setup. Then I go to connection benchmark and the speed test drops to a grade D status anywhere from 400 to 600. I had to leave the house for a bit so I haven't been able to test any wifi connections

20221020_183033.jpg

10 hours ago, dcmss5 said:

It's ok, I factory reset the router and the pic is of my speeds during setup. Then I go to connection benchmark and the speed test drops to a grade D status anywhere from 400 to 600. I had to leave the house for a bit so I haven't been able to test any wifi connections

20221020_183033.jpg

Are the speeds from speedtest.net the same as Connection Benchmark now?

Can you provide a screenshot of how you've got QoS setup now?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are the speeds from speedtest.net the same as Connection Benchmark now?

Can you provide a screenshot of how you've got QoS setup now?

No they are not the same the last I checked. about 300-400mbps slower. Ill go home on my lunch break run another benchmark test and take a pic of that and my QOS page 

Pics of Benchmark, QOS and speed test connected to XR1000 router and without router.  I'm assuming Benchmark is better today because of the time of day compared to later in the day yesterday 

20221021_113219.jpg

20221021_112923.jpg

20221021_112932.jpg

20221021_113651.jpg

20221021_114258.jpg

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control menu :menu , if you have done it correctly then each panel on the QoS page will say QoS disabled, then re-test on speedtest.net and see what you get please.

Can't til late tonight I have to get back to work. Before the factory reset I did that and there wasn't a difference. The connection benchmark speed yesterday was 250 lower than today before factory reset also