Destiny 2 and Geo-Filter

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you add your Xbox to Geo-filter, but select "Choose manually" when prompted to pick a service, it'll then automatically filter any games you play, including Destiny.

Let us know if you need anything else!

What’s you very much)))

I'm not sure the above is correct. Filtering is not supported for Destiny (PC). I thought this was the same for console. 

I tried filtering under console for Destiny PC version but kept getting booted as I was unable to connect to US dedicated servers after setting a filter area for western Europe (even with strict mode off).

Maybe someone can clarify the position for filtering Destiny 2 for PC & Console?

1 hour ago, Stilts29 said:

I'm not sure the above is correct. Filtering is not supported for Destiny (PC). I thought this was the same for console. 

I tried filtering under console for Destiny PC version but kept getting booted as I was unable to connect to US dedicated servers after setting a filter area for western Europe (even with strict mode off).

Maybe someone can clarify the position for filtering Destiny 2 for PC & Console?

Last I checked, you should still be able to filter which of the SDR servers you connect to. This may be slightly different from the actual game server, but it should be close enough. 

If you set your filter area for Western Europe, it would make sense that you're unable to connect to a US server, unless I've misunderstood you there?

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Last I checked, you should still be able to filter which of the SDR servers you connect to. This may be slightly different from the actual game server, but it should be close enough. 

If you set your filter area for Western Europe, it would make sense that you're unable to connect to a US server, unless I've misunderstood you there?

You are correct I can select nearest server to me by setting filter around the UK/Northern Europe region. This selects nearest server in UK. Problem I have is when I do this and play crucible it needs to communicate with dedicated servers in the US otherwise it drops you out. I have tried turning off strict mode and also allowing some of the servers that pop up in the USA as dedicated but still get kicked usually just before the match starts, then I get banned for 30 mins for disconnecting.

Am I doing something wrong here? I understand Destiny is a bit unique in that it uses P to P and dedicated servers for PVP gameplay.

• 10 months later...