Internet slow via Browsing

Xample

i notice when browsing or watching videos my internet speed is not what it suppose to be when it comes to watching videos i never could watch without buffering or in 1080p it never fully load and for some reason its only on my pc where im having this problem and im using lan cable can some give input or help with this situation ? thank  you 

internet speed 1gbs speed but when come to browsing its like its moving on 5 mbps the picture below shows what i be seeing from my end , its only on my PC where this is happening 1174375978_Screenshot(76).thumb.png.e4e1d5f5a0d90b9fca80182f767818fd.png

Speed is what i expexct i know its not possible to get exactly 1gb of speed that would be nice or i would atleast hope to get 900 but its in 700 range and screenshot below is my speedtest and my Qos setup 

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (77).png

no i still get buffering every once in a while, quality shows of course but the video doesn't load all way so it can just play through smoothly, it's like video loads while its playing  

is it possible not having that much storage left in my SSD drive can cause loading issues when it comes to this or is it just something with internet connection ?

• Administrators

Interesting, have a look at the Network Monitor while playing a video, is there anything else using significant bandwidth?

Quite possible, especially if it's just the PC with the issue - looks like you're using Chrome? Which is a particularly resource hungry web browser. Try another browser/clear your cache/cookies and see if that changes anything. Close any unused applications that might be consuming unnecessary RAM.

• Administrators

Seems quite normal there, you have a lot of bandwidth still available. Do you see the same issue using different browsers/in an incognito window? Does it only happen on YouTube or does it happen on other video streaming sites, Twitch, Vimeo, Netflix etc?

its only on Youtube i was just on twitch everything loads and work find in 1080p on my tv i watch youtube 24/7 and it work find on my tv all streaming platform work fine its just youtube on my pc which is weird 

i went on youtube on edge and google chrome nothing change

Can we Dm for faster reply?

10 hours ago, Xample said:

its only on Youtube i was just on twitch everything loads and work find in 1080p on my tv i watch youtube 24/7 and it work find on my tv all streaming platform work fine its just youtube on my pc which is weird 

i went on youtube on edge and google chrome nothing change

Can we Dm for faster reply?

Have you got Share Excess disabled when you go to QoS -> Bandwidth Allocation -> Click the three-line menu in the top left of the panel?

If so, that would explain it, please re-enable that and it should work fine afterwards.

We receive a lot of DMs and they're hard to track so it's not really feasible to provide support over DM.

• Administrators

I don't think this would be a router issue, all devices other than one and all sites other than one are fine, able to take as much bandwidth as they need so the router seems to be doing it's job. It is odd that a browser change makes no difference - could you try connecting your PC to your mobile data/hotspot and see if YouTube has the same issue?

i connected to another router that's in my house and it seems to be good through Wi-Fi, my hotspot wasn't popping up. down below you see the other router load the video, so it doesn't catch up and buffer 

OTHER ROUTER WIFI:

956644349_Screenshot(82).thumb.png.1dcb1524853121e5ec28fad32b6da8df.png

When i connect to R2 Router Wi-Fi it loads up fast and how it's supposed to like picture above. Down below is the

R2 on Wi-Fi

342739421_Screenshot(83).thumb.png.c30a74aaad4ffc8417e618854d0ed113.png

For some Reason when the Lan cable is plugged in it doesn't load as fast as Wi-Fi or the speed it supposed to load, apparently Wi-Fi from R2 Loads everything fine but LAN Cable Don't which is weird.    

R2 Lan Cable:

530823725_Screenshot(87).thumb.png.3ccb9c95424b5d81ae2973fd9ad39403.png

You see How it don't load fully or ahead the red bar 

• 2 weeks later...

okay so i switched cables and problem occurs every once and a while i even swapped the router for the verizon router and it even happen with the verizon router could i be possible that my ssd can be causing this problem because the storage is almost full 

9 hours ago, Xample said:

okay so i switched cables and problem occurs every once and a while i even swapped the router for the verizon router and it even happen with the verizon router could i be possible that my ssd can be causing this problem because the storage is almost full 

It seems less likely to be an issue with your hardware, it shouldn't have much affect on streaming content from YouTube.

That being said, full/failing drives can cause some really bizarre problems. Can you see if you can find another device you can connect via ethernet, then stream some content on there and see how it is?

16 hours ago, Xample said:

okay I'll give that a try could it be anything besides a laptop, say a TV? cause my TV is plugged in via ethernet and cause no problems 

Yeah that's fine, as long as it's connected via ethernet. Perhaps it's a hardware problem on the PC then!

• 2 weeks later...

im back i still been having those problems i soon have a new pc on way so ill test it on that but other than that i notice ive been getting some slow speeds when i do a speed test i push around 350-500 download and only 7-10 upload  and i have a GB connection speed what can be causing this 

Screenshot (105).png